Problems with a '92 Toyota Camry

My car has been having troubles starting recently. I've replaced both the battery and the starter and the problem persists. The car makes no sound when I try to start it, and usually will start if I wait five minutes or so. However, today, after 15 minutes, it still wouldn't start. Any ideas on what would be causing this?

Reply to
johngabr

For...uhmmm...starters, get a Haynes manual and use it to help in your diagnosis. For one, jumper the starter solenoid to bypass the key cylinder and see how that works out. Also measure the voltage at the starter when starting.

Starter solenoid and key cyl> My car has been having troubles starting recently. I've replaced both

Reply to
johngdole

Reply to
johngdole

If your car has an automatic transmission, try shifting it into neutral and see if it starts in neutral or jiggling the sifter while trying to crank the engine. If it has a manual transmission, make sure you are depressing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, with no interference from floor mats or other items under the clutch pedal.

If you don't get it fixed by the time classes are back in session, I might be able check it out when I bring my son back to ISU after winter break.

Reply to
Ray O

As JGD noted, you need a manual. You can dl one here..

.

You can get more on the solenoid issue here.....

NickySantoro