PROGRAMMING KEYLESS ENTRY WITHOUT DEALER ASSISTANCE??

Has anyone attempted to program the Keyless remote for a 2005 Camry themselves?

Can it mess up computer settings in car?

I managed to obtain "INSTRUCTIONS" on the net.

I wonder if anybody had problems with locks,etc., after attempting task themselves without going to dealer.

Roger

Reply to
bigrog_98

You won't mess up the car computer - no way that could happen. As you do the "chicken dance" remember that it has to be done within a certain time period or it won't take!

Reply to
Wolfgang

I haven't had the dubious pleasure ;-) of doing one of these myself, but I suspect it will be a whole lot easier if you treat "The Chicken Dance" (what we call the reprogramming procedure around here) more like a Square Dance - get a Caller to stand next to the car and read off each step of the instructions as you perform them.

"Alleman left, then a Do-Si-Do, Swing your partner to and fro..."

AIUI if you try to read each step, then do it, then read the next one... on your own, you'll never beat the time limits for completing each step in turn. The people who do it often get it memorized, and they can bang them out on the first try.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Were on the web are the instructions please

Reply to
David Wells

I hope this meets your requirements.

Roger