Purchased a Used Scion xA

It has about 10.5K miles one it. The dealer is fixing a scratch and installing cruise control. I'll take delivery on Thursday.

Glad to be part of the family.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

Welcome and enjoy your new car. :-)

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

I have been posting 'interesting' things about Scions in General, and tC's in particular.

Also, have a look at

Some interesting thingsthere. A lot of bling-blingers, but a lot of useful information, too.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hope that means something positive. {:o)

Thanks!

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

Thanks!

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

They delivered the car on Friday. I am **extremely** happy with it. It's a definite step upward in many ways from my previous vehicle (an '02 Kia Sedona).

-- Christian '06 Scion xA

Reply to
CMM

an 06? and "used"??? did the original owner think it was too small?

Ive got an 06 xA myself, indigo ink pearl. Love it! After having a stripped 1998 honda hatch the xA feels like a lexus.

one thing i noticed is that the used scions sold for the almost the same price as a new one. almost $12k for a 2004... and the pickings on the used market are slim.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Apparently the resale value of the Scion xA is high. Good for someone looking to move on but not as good for someone looking to buy used. We did save enough to make it worthwhile, though. We had gone in looking to buy a new Yaris but it was slightly outside of our price range. I do not have so much as one regret that we drove away with an xA instead.

According to the salesman, the previous owner is a doctor with a family and the car was just a bit too small. His loss, my gain!

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

I think it was CMM who stated:

He probably moved up to an xBox, the xA's big brother. Larger size, nearly as economical to drive and that unique xBoxy look!!

-Don (fan of xBoxen everywhere)

Reply to
Don Fearn

i dont see the purpose of the yaris, personally- *unless* you want the absolute cheapest ($10.5k) stripped brand new hatch toyota makes. i waited for them to come out (and the honda fit) before i bought.

the yaris hatch with 15" wheels, power, MP3, etc runs about the same price as a scion xA with all that standard, PLUS 2 more doors.

the 4 door? the corolla offers a lot more features for not much more money.

welcome to the family :) check out

for tips, tricks, info... including a keyless entry/alarm for under $100

Reply to
mike

I did notice that, which is one of the reasons I don't feel bad that we didn't get the Yaris.

I didn't even consider the 4-door Yaris. My wife is glad the xA has

4-doors, though. She wants to have a baby and is thinking about where to put the car seat. {:o)

I'm very happy to be part.

Thanks for the tip. I'm already there!

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

I got the Yaris specifically because I didn't want a 4 door; but do have the bells/whistles you mentioned. Plus it fits in the slot left vacant by my Ford Festiva in the garage :) However the xA was my other choice when I was looking for a car this past summer.

Reply to
Seerialmom

My old car also used to be 98 Civic Hatch and now I'm driving a 5 door Yaris Liftback with ABS, remote locks and all the other goodies that goes with the power-package.

I've already put on 27,000km on the Yaris and the car is starting to become quick. Quick enought that at 3000rpm in first gear, if I stomp the gas, the front tires will actually squeel before it rockets up to redline.

I've taken this car to the absolute max and it has amazing handling dynamic at the limits However, I don't know how recoverable the Yaris will be at beyond the limits, but the ABS with EBD should help in that kind of situation. And that braking system work really well, it already saved my ass once, from my own stupidy. I doubt that my old 98 modified Civic, (which had lighning fast reflexs..faster then my friend's GTS that sported TRD springs) would have been able to get me out of that particular situation.

With the Yaris, I usually drive much harder in the wet, since I can count on the car to rotate exactly the way it should. I've yet to put on bigger tires and harder springs, but once I do, it'd be intresting to see how the car fares in that type of senerio. I probably wont be disappointed.

It's too bad that the States don't get the 5 door model cause there lots of room in the back for bigger passenger and having the extra door would make sense for ease of access. Plus, in my opinion, the 5 door liftback looks nicer then the 3 door version.

Hope you're having fun with your xA SoCalMike, cause my Yaris is just as entertaining as my old 98 Civic Hatch and it's a quieter ride on the highway and this time I got AC...don't know how I managed to survive without it.

Pars

SoCalMike wrote:

Reply to
pars

the xA basically IS a 5dr yaris, isnt it?

yup. amazing what toyota can deliver for about the same MSRP as a 1998 civic hatch... 8 years later!

Reply to
SoCalMike

Basically the same drive-train and configuration, but what I heard is that the Yaris is on a all new chassis while the Scion (xA,xB) are slated for a re-do. What it will be is anyones guess. It'd be interesting to see if they try to keep the Scion name fresh by releasing an all new model, or simply tweak the Yaris and slap on a Scion badge. If they do come out with an all new Scion model, hopefully they can find it in their hart to appease us Canucks (from once again getting the short end of the stick) by dropping the Corolla engine into the Yaris.

Reply to
pars