Q: 2001 Corolla CE fuel pump

  1. Where is it located in the engine compartment?
  2. How often (every X miles) should it be replaced?
  3. If there is no such recommended interval, what are the warning signs that water pump is about to fail? I'm afraid that if I wait till it actually fails then the engine will overheat => serious damage => a lot of $$ in repair costs.
  4. What should I expect to have to pay to have fuel pump replaced.

Thanks

Reply to
bubbabubbs

It's not in the engine compartment.

When it stops working.

Fluid leakage.

The water pump will last longer if you change the anti-freeze as recommended.

You went from fuel to water and now back to fuel. There's a big difference in cost.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Okay, the water pump is located on the passenger side of the engine. The fuel pump is in the fuel tank. There is not really a service interval on either one. The fuel pump will fail eventually, but we replace so few fuel pumps on toyotas that I doubt you will ever have to worry about it. If your fuel pump goes south, you will know it because your car won't run. The water pump will fail eventually as well, probably sooner than the fuel pump. Since there is no timing belt on your car, there is not really a mileage interval associated with changing the water pump on that model. When it does go bad, it will probably be the bearings in the pump, and it will make so much noise that you will take it to the nearest technician for help.

Reply to
Qslim

Its inside the gas tank, it should be repalced when it quits. Warning signs? Engine does. It should do about 250,000 miles, after than , carry some comfy walking shoes in the trunk. ;D

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!