Q: new shocks/struts - when?

No.

Yes.

Reply to
Ray O

I'd leave it alone ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

On second thought, as I look closer, the ground clearance number isn't useful because they don't actually show where to measure it and its probably not something that's sprung. So it appears the only number in the Honda FSMs that would be usable for a ride height measurement is the overall height number that they illustrate as being from the ground to the top of the car. Hard to measure, but it will give you what you are looking for.

Reply to
E Meyer

Remember...this is ME you're talking to! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

The reason I'd leave it is alone is that I doubt if the Previa brakes would be any more effective than what is on the Supra now.

Reply to
Ray O

You might be right. they're pretty damn good as it is.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Wow that's wild. How in the world could anyone properly do a wheel alignment without having the suspension at a known position.

My Toyota repair manual show's it on the first page of both the front and rear "axle and suspension" sections. Right after check the tires. The body section show's details also.

Reply to
Danny G.

When I get the GF in the back seat, if I can give her a couple of good pumps on my own and the car finishes off the rest, its time for new shocks.

;-)

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

...or someone left a waterbed in your back seat.

Reply to
clifto

I think you have to be at least Elvis for that. And probably have a Marmon suspension.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey