[Q:] sequoia fog lights?

On the 2007 Sequoia (and other years I suppose) there are built in round fog lamps in the lower portion of the front bumper. Has anyone replaced the clear lenses and/or bulbs with yellow ones? Does anyone know of an aftermarket lens or bulb to accomplish this?

Reply to
Anonomouse

Try looking up Pilot or PIAA for a replacement, but these are a sealed unit like your headlights, and will require replacing the entire assembly.

PIAA may make an exact replacement, but...$$$$$

Reply to
Hachiroku

We still have the factory original fog lights in our Sequoia. For a while, fog lights were yellow, but automakers have gone away from yellow and started mounting them as low in the vehicle as possible. This is because the advantage of fog lights does not come from the color of the light, but rather from the vertical separation between the driver's eyes and the fog lights so that the glare does not come back at the driver. The thinking behind yellow lights was that they would cut glare. In tall vehicles like the Sequoia, there is quite a bit of vertical distance between the fog lights and the driver, and glare from the fog lights is not really an issue - there is more glare from the headlights than from the fog lights. I've only used the fog lights on a few occasions where visibility is so poor that vehicle speed is way down anyway.

I have never noticed yellow fog lights on another Sequoia, but a google search of "toyota sequoia accessories" came up with lots of hits. Autoanything.com had several different fog light styles, including PIAA 510 Series that they claim fits in the factory opening.

Reply to
Ray O