Radio install help please

Hi all,

I have a 1990 Corolla, and I' m swapping out the radio. I have the old raqdio out and naturally the wiring diagram I have (from Haynes) is not showing enough wires or in the right colors.

If someone could help me identify these wires I would be very appreciative. I have 2 molex plugs, one with 5 wires and one with eight.

The 5 wire plug has: red w/ blue rings white w/ brown rings white w/ green stripe yellow w/ brown rings black w/ brown rings

The 8 wire plug has: green w/ sliver rings blue w/ yellow stripe & silver rings grey with silver rings brown w/ silver rings violet w/ silver rings dark(er) blue w/ silver rings light puke green pink w/ silver rings

For the new unit I need to identify the 4 pairs of speaker wires; the ground; constantly hot wire; and the lead the goes hot with the ignition "ACC"

TIA to all

Mike

Reply to
Skipper

If you haven't cut the original harness yet (or if it hasn't been cut previously) go to Wal-Mart and by a harness kit. It will attach to your new radio using standard color coding and just plug into the car's harness. They're all of $7; one size fits all...

Reply to
hachiroku

first off you are making this too hard

take your crap radio back to walmart

buy a better stero at

you will also recieve the correct PLUG in harness to make the installation as easy as it can be.

Never cut wires, it is STUPID

a plug in harness that PLUGS IN TO THE CAR and is wired to the wires (COLOR FOR COLOR) to the radios wires are available nearly everywhere for a 90 toyota foe about $10

Reply to
I'm Right

this FOOL recomends the SHIT sold at evilmart, dont ever buy anything from them, its SHIT and SUCKS

Reply to
I'm Right

Pretty impressive sonny...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Thank you for you addition to this guy's problem. I'm sorry, I missed that. You stuffed it up yer WHAT, exactly?

I have three Toyotas on the road and a Chrysler LHS. I have one of these adapters in each of them. I haven't had a problem with them, and it sure beats the $11-22 most other places are asking. If you have a problem with Wal-Mart, fine. Don't shop there. They're made by Scosche and are the same items you would buy anywhere else. Whaaa...Whaaa...Whaaa...

SFB

Reply to
hachiroku

I'm surprised you didn't just tell him to take it to a dealer. Don't bother replying, "You're Wrong" you have been severely.....

PLONKED!!!!

Reply to
hachiroku

Poor baby...it's the same harness you can buy at your local Bling shop for $15...

I already plonked his ass on this machine....three more machines to go...

Reply to
hachiroku

Check with Crutchfield on-line. They can help you with an adapterand also with the color coding.

Reply to
AndyK.

Thanks to all forthe advise.

I really appreciate it

Mike

Reply to
Skipper

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt"

PLONKED on machine #2...

Reply to
hachiroku

If you haven't figured it out yet, this clown IS "bought4less.com" - or he's getting a kickback from them for referrals, cause he shills so hard his eyes bleed.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Yeah, but he's also the guy who's generaly response is, "never mind trying to do something by yourself, take it to the dealer." I always thought he was a service person at some Toy dealer somewhere...

Reply to
hachiroku