Radio Replacement- '91 Camry LE

I think those are the wiring adaptors I see at stores that sell radios. There is a lot of information at:

GL Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

Yes, I've read a lot at installdr.com; wish I had done so before buying via eBay.

What I now wonder about is this: Do new cassette-receivers have pigtailed wires or chassis mounted jacks? The pictures/drawings at installdr.com do not show a view of the rear of a unit, but imply that wires are pigtailed. There is nothing snappy about an optional snap on wiring harness. 'Snap on' is misleading.

With the wiring info already provided, I believe that I can handle soldering/splicing the wiring together, if I am able to obtain the necessary harness wiring adapters. I am hopeful that I will manage an ISO installation in my 1991 Camry.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Vince

Toyota factory audio systems have wiring harness connectors (jacks) that are mounted on the audtio system chassis. IOW, no pigtails.

Factory harnesses usually have a release tab. The harness connectors are difficult to get apart by design to decrease the likelihood of a loose connection causing problems.

Reply to
Ray O

To me the term pigtail means the part is a adaptor from one side of a connector to raw wires.

The adaptor is installed on the radio and then plugs (snap) to the cars original connector.

Reply to
Danny G.

Is there a fusible link associated with the cassette-receiver in my

1991 Camry ?

Reply to
Vince

Only the main battery fusible link. If it was bad, nothing in the car would work.

The radio is protected by the radio fuse in the fuse box.

Reply to
Ray O