rain water in my 2001 toyota celica

when it rains the driver side floor becomes soaked and i know this is not good. HOW DO I FIX IT QUICK and cheep?

Reply to
jaysfastcar

Leave the car parked in a covered garage whenever it rains. Solved!

Your first step is to first figure out how the water is getting in. Strip the drivers' side carpets out, dry out the floor so you can see any new water entry. Close the windows, lie down on the seat with a flashlight, and have someone soak the car thoroughly with a hose.

Once you have the entry point isolated, then we can find solutions.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

The quick and cheap way to fix a wet floor is to find where the water is getting in and sealing the leak or allowing the water to drain.

If you have an aftermarket alarm, remote starter, audio system, GPS, etc., check where the wires pass through the firewall. Make sure all grommets through the firewall are in place.

If you have a factory sunroof, make sure the drain is not clogged.

Make sure that the door drains are not clogged.

If the windshield has ever been replaced, make sure the urethane dam is intact.

Reply to
Ray O

Keep the vehicle garaged during periods of wet weather.

Reply to
sharx35