RAV4 2007

Hello

I did not understand how the 4x4 works on this car. The manual is kind of confusing. What is the Lock button that is located in right hand side of the steering wheel?

Excelent car, just got last week and I'm enjoying so much. Gas mileage did not seem to be good tought. But, let's give a time to the engine.

Eduardo

Reply to
Eduardo Ferrari

Eduardo Ferrari respectfully sez...

If the vehicle starts to slip, the 4WD kicks in.

If you are stuck in snow, pushing the 4X button will lock the 4WD into gear, but I was told to come to a complete stop before pushing it off.

What vehicle are you switching from? _________ ===fish=== ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Reply to
fish

Hello Fish

So it's automatic, interesting!

I switch from a old Chrysler Cirrus V6. But new cars usually take time to get the best gas mileage.

With the Cirrus I usually run 250 miles with a tank. With the RAV4 I ran this week 220 miles and I had to stop into the gas station today. No different driving this week.

Eduardo

Reply to
Eduardo Ferrari

Eduardo Ferrari respectfully mentioned...

I am currently researching for my next vehicle and the RAV 4 (I am still comparing it to every single Toyota and the total package continues to come out as the best overall vehicle for the money).

What is the size of the fuel tank for the Cirrus?

The RAV 4 has a 15.9 gallon fuel tank.

BTW, for 220 miles, a 15.9 gallon fuel tank using regular unleaded fuel sounds correct for it's EPA. _________ ===fish=== ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Reply to
fish

Wow! fish really has done his homework!

Reply to
Ray O

220 miles for a whole tank? That stinks and is not very good. That's what my s-i-l's Durango gets for gas mileage. I get close to 25 mpg. Worst I ever got was 23. That's about 50/50 driving usually. The button is used when the vehicle is in need of 4WD and is going at a low speed. It's covered in the manual.

JennL

Reply to
tanukiki

As it states in the manual, the lock button locks the vehicle in 4x4 up until 25mph.

"Eduardo Ferrari" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Mitchell Regenbogen

How many miles you ran "with a tank" is meaningless, since no one here knows how many gallons of gas you used. You also didn't say which engine you have.

"Eduardo Ferrari" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Mitchell Regenbogen

Hello

Was a full tank. It's a 4cyl engine.

Thanks,

Eduardo

Reply to
Eduardo Ferrari

What's a "full tank"? 12 gals? 13 gals? 15 gals? 15.9 gals?

"Eduardo Ferrari" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Mitchell Regenbogen