Rav4 Auto Dimming Mirror Question

Hi ..I have a brand new, leftover 05 Rav4 L that I'd like to add an OEM auto dimming rear view mirror option to. I've already asked this group last week if it would be easy to install and you let me know that I could easily do it myself. Soo ..I'm about to order the OEM part (about $200) but before I do ..

Can any of you tell me if the Rav4 auto dimming mirror generally works as well as I expect it well. I've heard that certain "GM" auto dimmers are not all they're cracked up to be ..but I have a Toyota ..and have had 7 of them in a row. I just expect more from Toyota.

I'm going on 60 (gracefully) and can use all the night advantage I can get ..and hope you'll let me know if the Rav4 auto dimming mirror will generally perform as well as I think it might. Thanks Ray

Reply to
netrunner

I've installed a ton of those things and I can't think of hearing one complaint about them, so I'd give them the thumbs up. By the way, some accessories have installation instructions in the box, others don't. If this one doesn't, anyone in the service dept should be able to give you a quick print out from the accessory section of the online Toyota TIS (tech information system). Holler if you need a hand.

Reply to
qslim

Reply to
Wolfgang

We have the auto dimming mirror in our Sequoia and LS 400. Both work well and unobtrusively. You do not get the shadow effect that you get from a prism-type dimming mirror. Instead, the image darkens and reduced glare.

Reply to
Ray O