[RAV4] Stopping the Lock/Unlock Beeping (?)

With regards to the 2008 RAV4, does anyone here know how to suppress the beeping noises when using the radio key to lock/unlock the vehicle?

Reply to
croy

Doesn't your owner's manual mention this?

Reply to
Ray O

My wife's RAV4 (2000) stopped beeping after a couple of years, but still worked. As I recall, the mechanic replaced something like a turn-signal plugin under the hood to fix it. I'll bet that if that gets removed, you will have what you want.

Reply to
Brian Gordon

Also, look under the dashboard near the tire pressure monitor reset button if there is one. My Lexus has a volume knob for the keyless entry beeper there.

Reply to
Ray O

Yes, it does mention it. It states that pressing the lock button on the remote key will lock all the doors and cause the vehicle to beep once. Pressing the unlock button once causes two beeps. Pressing the unlock button twice causes four beeps.

It also states that the alarm function can be disabled (and to see your dealer if you want it so disabled).

Any way to stop the bleepin' beepin'?

Reply to
croy

If there is no volume knob under the driver's side of the dashboard, then the system probably needs to be plugged in to a computer at the dealership for the function to be programmed.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I should ask if you, or anyone else listening, knows why the system engineers felt it necessary for the system to wink and make noise when the doors are locked or unlocked with the remote. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

Reply to
croy

The beeping sounds are handy when you are walking away from the car and use the keyless remote to lock so you know it worked. They are also handy to let you know that you hit the correct button since the double beep denotes unlock instead of lock.

Reply to
Ray O