2001 Toyo camry cd player

Anyone know what type of cd's this player supports. I tried burning on a cd-rw and it they don't work in there. I was thinking a cd-r might work?

TIA Charles

Reply to
in2dadark

I don't think they started supporting CD-Rs until 2003.

Reply to
Hachiroku ????

Most of the time, the problem is the media itself. When they claim that you can burn on them at 40x, the burn is not reliable. Modern cd players have adapted for this deficiency but a lot of the factory car headunits have not. If you slow the burn to about 1/2 of the rated maximum speed, you might find the issue resolved. I suggest that you try burning the cd at 20x. That solved the problem for me.

Reply to
Viperkiller

My 03 Avalon plays CDr s with no problem. (and I suppose it would handle CDrw s too, though I don't know).

Sheesh, my burner will only go up to 12X, though I usually burn at 4X or 8X. I don't trust superfast burns for some reason, because I fear they may miss something and sound choppy. What's the hurry anyway...just go have a cup of coffee while the disc is cooking.

Reply to
mack

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, in2dadark sprach forth the following:

My 2001 Camry plays CDR's just fine because I replaced the entire POS stereo with a Sony deck, Kicker 6.5 components and Pioneer 6x9s. Oh, and a Sony amp in the trunk.

Seriously, junk the system in there and get something decent.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

:-)

Reply to