Re: Auto sales UP for every manufacture

Perhaps, but you missed the point, EVERY other vehicle manufacture made

> gains, including Ford and the Koreans. Toyota is the only auto maker > whose sales showed a loss over the same time period. > > > "FatterDumber& Happier Moe" wrote in > message news:4cd31fcc$0$14786$ snipped-for-privacy@news.suddenl>>> The newest report say October 2010 auto sales were way up for every >>> manufacture for October of 2009, as high as 30%, except Toyota which was >>> down nearly 5%. >>> >>> One has to wonder why, could it be the forced worldwide safety recalls >>> of over 14,000,000 vehicles? >> >> Could be Toyota pays it debts and is competing with GM and Chrysler >> which got a nice write off, kicked the UAW in the nuts, and got a bunch >> freshly printed new money to start anew and the dropping value of the >> dollar gives them an advantage in the rest of the world. >> It will be interesting to see what happens. Toyota will come through >> but there is a lot of car making capacity in the world. > >

You're right. It means Toyota sucks, and there is no other possible interpretation of the stats.

Now, it's 5:10 AM. Go make sure you have enough clean glassware. It's almost time for your Hennessey breakfast, Uncle Jemima.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Toyota also had lower incentives than most other manufacturers over this sales period and outside the US, Toyota is doing very well. Worldwide Toyota sales and profits are up nicely. I think they'll be OK. You are also comparing Toyota sales to a period last year when Toyota was doing exceptionally well. All in all, I would not make to much of Toyota's US sales being essentially flat year to year for this sales period (October).

It seems to me that in the US Toyota has more to fear from Hyundai than GM or Ford. In the world as a whole, it seems VW is soon going to be Toyota's main rivial (which I find amazing).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White