Re: Chevrolet Malibu sales jump 51.5%; dealers pleased

How much does a bulb cost for a Toyota?

Father Guido wrote: >> >> >>> >>> >>>> snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: >>>>> "A sign of a good launch is where you go through the first 12 months, >>>>> you actually end up making more money on the car 12 months out than >>>>> you did in the first month, which is something we like to see." >>>> Never buy a car where you have to remove part of the bumper and the >>>> tire in order to change a headlight bulb. I thought changing a bulb on >>>> the Accord was hard when I had to remove the battery to get to the left >>>> bulb, then remove and replace three screws by feel. >>> Nor when the trunk opening is so small you have to fold your suitcases >>> to fit them into the nice sized trunk. >> >> On my fathers 2000 Malibu you have to remove the exterior brake lamp >> assembly to change the bulb! And there's no drain hole for water to >> exit which means more burnt out bulbs in rainy season. > > I just had to change a brake light bulb on my wife's 1996 Camry. First > time I had to change a rear bulb of any kind in 13 years! I was surprised > to have to use a wrench rather than just a screwdriver, but it was still > pretty easy to change. > > I need to complain to Toyota that a bulb burned out after only 13 years. > That's the first problem we've had with that vehicle.
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually, the same as for a US-brand car. They use the same bulbs.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Can we assume you do not buy your bulbs at you friendly toyota dealership? LOL

Actually, the same as for a US-brand car. They use the same bulbs.

Jeff

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It's a myth that foreign brand dealers always charge more. The Ford dealer wanted $30 for a transmission pan gasket for a 1993 Escort, while the equivalent for a Corolla was $9 at the Toyota dealer. A 2- prong waterproof spice connector for a temperature sensor was $8 at the Nissan dealer, $30 at Ford. Another problem is that the Ford dealers around here are often out of parts, while the foreign brand dealers always seem to have even obscure parts available right away (dashboard A/C-heater control label, which I managed to smash twice but twice was in stock at Toyota).

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly