Re: Detroit stuff IS crap

Why are you worrying about what the worker get. The workers in foreign plants and in the US plants that assemble foreign cars get less but the foreign cars cost more, not less. You should ask you local Toyota dealer why they do not pass along some of the money they save on labor and the cheaper imported parts saving on to their customers.

mike

> >> When the average person in the USA sees the things a UAW member >> gets by contract and goes 'WTF?' they aren't going to have much in the >> way of support from people in general. Those that buy the cars. > > Here's an idea: make it law that the car includes a full and complete > copy of the labor contract under which those who built the car agree to > work. > > Make that available like the sticker, up front to the potential buyer. > > Watch GM, Ford, and Chrysler melt down within three months. > > The American economy would take a hit, but would come back much stronger > in the end. > > The question is, are we all willing to tighten our belts and do what's > needed to put the economy where it needs to be? Or will we all as > individuals do what's best for us individually, and say "screw the other > guy"? >
Reply to
Mike Hunter