Re: Does a bicycle TAKING THE LANE slow down traffic?

Could you clarify that? In mosst states they have the KRETP or STKR

>laws which means the vehicles must keep in the right most lanes unless >passing or if they are slower than the flow. In the law you cite is >it the bicycle must be in the right _lane_ (I bet it is), or as far to >the right _in the lane_ as possible (I bet it isn't).

In most states the bicycle must be as far to the right _in the lane_ as practicable. Bicyclist logic tends to twist the hell out of that word "practicable", though.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

That's open to interpretation and conflict is sure to erupt b/ driver and cyclist, where the cyclist has the more to lose.

How many feet would you want b/ a car and you if you were riding a bike?

Reply to
His Highness the TibetanMonkey