Re: Goodyear Integrity tires

in May 2007 I picked up a 2007 Toyota Corolla equipped with Goodyear Integrity & have had problem's since day 1. Tire's do not maintain air pressure. In all of my years I have alway's checked the oil & tire pressure monthly with these tire's I check the air pressure weekly & have to add air. I wrote to Toyota since they are the ones that chose to put these tire's on their car they pass the buck to Goodyear. Wrote to Goodyear & they sent me to one of their dealer's to check the tire's & he tell's me it's my tire gauge. By not maintaining air pressure these tire's are a safety hazard but Toyota & Goodyear pass it back & forth. Had to make a short 200 mile trip last week & rented a car just to be on the safe side. On the National Highway & Safety website there are 25 complaint's filed on these tire's.. Any help out there on this ? thank's

-- Message posted using

information at

casperandangel

Find it hard to believe that any one of the places would not just submerge your tires in water and look for bubbles.

Reply to
Danny G.

Use a inexpensive spray bottle filled with soapy water and spray around suspect areas such as the bead, valve core, and even the inner rim in case you have leaky rims. When you find the leak(s) using the soap, the indication of large bubbles will be very evident where air is escaping. That way you can pinpoint the leak area and proceed from there.

Reply to
user

I had the tire's checked at the Toyota dealer where I picked up the car & supposidly they put them in water to check for leaks & found none. I had also asked them to check for possible faulty valve stem's & was told everything was o.k.. My feeling after "Googling" Goodyear Integrity Tires & reading some other tire report sites & the complaint's filed on these tire's is that there is a manufacturing issue with these tire's which is not only causing them to loose air but wear quickly.. Toyota tell's me not to worry since the tire's are under warranty, but my concern is safety not tire warranty..

-- Message posted using

information at

casperandangel

If your concern is safety, I'd buy new tires....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

========

Sounds like something's wrong with your tires. I have

34 PSI in my Goodyear Integritys on an '06 Camry, and I was surprised at how well the tires hold air pressure.

29 PSI is recommended by the sticker on the inside of the door frame, so I have 5 PSI more in the tires without problems, other than a less smooth ride.

I may go back to 29 or 32 PSI for a smoother ride. But they hold air pressure very well and for a long time.

Reply to
Built_Well

If your problem is only with one tire, then you probably have either a bad rim, bad tire or you picked up a nail / screw leaving the dealer's lot. If your problem is that all 4 tires are loosing air, contact your state's Attorney General's office and file a complaint with them. You might also want to contact the Better Business Bureau's office and file a complaint. Toyota might have been supplied with bad rims that mightl be a safety problem. This wouldn't be the first time that a company has covered up a problem hoping that it will go away.

Give Toyota and Goodyear and honest and sincere change to fix your problem. If they insist on pointing fingers at each other instead of helping you, bring as much hurt on them as you can. Complain to their corporate offices as well as state and federal regulator's.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Sometimes submerging in water is not the easiest way to visually see a leak, a small one especially, and if the person is in a hurry, well.... I would do the check yourself as I suggested. It's really easy and costs next to nothing. That way you will have first hand knowledge to relate to either the dealer or tire manufacturer. I neglected to mention in my first reply to remove the valve core caps before spray testing to spray in them . If the tires are in fact losing air, it IS escaping from somewhere. Are you seeing the tire inflation warning light illuminated on the dash? If so, that is an indication of mis matched air pressure in the tires. You can learn more in your owners manual.

Reply to
user

I think I may try your suggestion about adding slight bit more air.. Door sticker recommends 30 PSI but I will give 32 PSI a try .. 32 PSI is what was recommended by Ford on the Focus I just turned in and I had no problem's for 3 years.

The vehicle only has 950 miles on it but if I need to replace the tire's as was also suggested here I will but not with another Goodyear Integrity..

Thank you all for your responses they are appreciated..

Florida Gal...

-- Message posted using

information at

casperandangel

Jack, originally the problem was noticed in the front two tire's but the tire's have been taken off & checked about 4 times now so the fronts could now be the backs I don't know ..

There have been many letter's & phone call's back & forth between me, Goodyear & Toyota USA & they both back away with a bandaid on the cut answer.. I am also told that all letter's to Toyota USA go to a very general customer service area..

I have filed a complaint with the Fla. State Attorney General as you mentioned & am now told that I can file a complaint under the Florida Lemon Law.. So I will see what happen's..

-- Message posted using

information at

casperandangel

Unfortunately this vehicle did not come equipped with the " tire inflation warning light "..

-- Message posted using

information at

casperandangel

Despise the noisy Integras myself. I run 38psi in mine to minimize steering wander and hydroplaning- tires hold air pressure for 2 or 3 mos. Always check pressure when cold (not driven on) - Never try to adjust pressure when hot!

Reply to
Mr.E

How FAST are they losing air?! You mean to tell me they would have deflated enough in 200 miles to be 'dangerous'?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Is a neighborhood kid or coworker messing with you?

Maybe your tires are fine.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

yes they would.. but I am having Goodyear do a check again on Monday .. I have another friend that also bought a 2007 Corolla one month before I did and is having the same problems

-- Message posted using

information at

casperandangel

Wow. That's incredible!!

The last time I had this kind of a problem (other than an actual 'breeched' tire, of course) it was a problem with the alloy wheels. A few sharp raps with a ball peen hammer fixed that...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Don't let '*' hear you say this...he'll tell you what an idiot you are...

Reply to
Hachiroku

============================

Hachiroku, I know what you mean, my Japanese(???) friend.

But if I were you, I wouldn't be going around calling other folks idiots. After all, you spent 18 months in prison (not jail, but prison) for supposedly "selling copyrighted CDs." ...Supposedly...

I didn't realize they give a year-and-a-half for illegally selling mere software.

And for a first-timer???

By the way, are you sure you're Japanese? I don't think there are many Japanese folks in prison. Is it possilbe you're African-American on one side of your family? Maybe half Black and half Japanese?

Now, there are lots of Blacks in prison. What exactly was it that you did to get yourself such a long 18-month sentence? Paris Hilton only got 21 days, buddy ;-)

Reply to
Built_Well

There's lots of inter-marriage these days. So it's very possible Hachiroku could be half Asian and half Black.

Reply to
Built_Well

No, I'm an American

I wasn't selling copywritten CDs, I was hacking the CD keys to get free software.

And, I never called * an idiot, although he's said it to me a few times. If he does know what he's talking about, he sure needs to take an eloquence class or use some other method to get his points across.

It was that or a $50,000 fine.

The amount of software had something to do with it...um...EVERYTHING I had was pirated and hacked. Except for one presentation package.

Why do you think I run Linux now? Everything is free!

I never said I was Japanese. Google "Hachiroku".

Paris Hilton is a socialite air-head in the public eye. She also has money and popularity.

Check the prison sentances of most celebrities. They get nothing, and then give schlubs like me the 'book' to teach us a lesson. Had to bring up Hilton, eh? Talk about pushing the Panic Button! Dumb fu@king bitch got caught drunk driving and given probation. Then she blows off the probation THREE FU@KING TIMES, misses a court date, and tells the judge, "I have someone who reads that stuff for me." And all she gets is TWENTY ONE DAYS?!?!?!

I think it's like the Carbon Credit scheme. They give people like me healthy sentances in order to make up for the light sentances they give celebrities and politicians...

Reply to
Hachiroku