Re: How can I unblock Natalie?

Well, no, I have not figured out how to unblock anything, lol. I suppose that I am in the market for both answers, Jeff, with this new system. It is just that the Jeep culprit keeps changing his name.... Tomes

_______________________________________ From: "Jeff Strickland": If Natalie is part of a Blocked Domain, you can not unblock her and still block the domain.

I assume you found the method to Unblock, and just are asking about unblocking an individual that is part of a domain ...

OK, I have the Vista with the new Windows Mail that I am using for Usenet. > Since there is a war going on in a Jeep NG, I have blocked as 'junk mail' > a bunch of names and domains. I am seeing the folly of the domain > blocking now that I cannot see Natalie's posts, only when someone replies > to one. > > The question here is how to unblock only Natalie's posts in this new > Windows Mail? I do not seem to be able to figure this one out. Thanks to > the wizzard who figures this one out for me. > Tomes > > [Wizzard is a Rincewind spelling - if you know what that means it might > mean another separate conversation....]
Reply to
Tomes

Hmmmm I use a newsserver my friend Kev set up. My domain is based on my privately-owned one. It's not Earthlink, AOL or any of that. I bought a domain, and have my accounts through that. I don't see how I got blocked in the first place. *shrug*

See if you have my internet service providers Road Runner, or where I bought the domain, 1&1 internet. You should also call your ISP.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It could be filtering on the "*@yahoo.com" in your return address. Even though it's posted through Octanews.

Or the Registered Trademark symbol in the username as being a non- character symbol like a dollar sign (ASCII above 256), something that spammers love to throw in the subject line.

Or on the word fragment 'doll'...

This is why you have to be really careful with filters - it's far too easy to get false positives. Better to bounce the exact address, and put a "after 30 days of no activity" expiry on it, to make sure that a no longer necessary filter for an abandoned sender name will expire on its own.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

That's odd, you come through as yahoo.com here.

BTW Windows mail sucks in 2 particulars.

  1. Blocking individuals doesn't work after you block so many people.
  2. Signatures get posted at the top of the message. MS still doesn't believe in netiquette or bottom posting.

I have certain people on the block list about 30 times, and only about half their messages get blocked, so I just delete the rest of them manually without reading. I don't care if it is bad manners, the particular posters I'm deleting the messages from are trolls that have to open their big mouth every time someone on the right, or even in the middle posts and spew their Leftard hatred.

After 50 years, I've gotten tired of Liars, Leftards, and women. More women actually talked to me at the party in a dress than they ever do in any other costume I've ever worn. So I've got to become a lesbian to get any women to want me?

If that's the case, then the 2008 election is totally irrelevant. We're doomed, no matter what happens. And Dammed by God himself (See Romans chapter 1). We deserve to get Hillary as Co-President again.

Charles the Curmudgeon Repeal the 19th Amendment, and the 26th.

Reply to
<n5hsr

Not a thread about politics.......

Reply to
Tomes

Take this question to the appropriate Microsoft newsgroup. Here's a list:

At least there, you'll find more people who actually have the same software you're using, so there'll be less guesswork in the advice you receive.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom"...

Vista is a tool of Satan.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think it's a matter of who's using it. My 18 year old son got a new laptop for college back in August, and it came with Vista. He had it all pimped out & working the way he wanted in about 4 hours, and he definitely did not look at the help files. He's had no problems at all with it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

Hubby has had a real problem with software compatibility. It's also a RAM hog.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

When it first came out, there was no WAY I would buy Vista, and the initial reports of unusable systems because of unavailable drivers for critical legacy equipment. You heard of corporations that tried upgrading or buying new systems with Vista, and having to hastily backtrack to XP because they couldn't run their tape backup drives or other important stuff. Or the permissions were too arcane and they couldn't get something to run.

Dell gained a big chunk of market share because they are still building systems for the corporate market with XP pre-installed.

Now that they've had time to get the drivers all sorted out, Vista is OK but FOR A NEW SYSTEM - don't upgrade a working XP machine.

And when Microsloth says you need 1 GB of RAM, that's the absolute bare minimum. The more RAM you can throw at it, the better it will run. 3 or 4 GB is a nice starting point.

Which is why I'm considering buying a nice new hot MB and Core 2 Duo processor - and putting Linux on it, then learn Linux by the good old "Dive In At The Deep End" method. Should run just dandy with only 1 GB of RAM.

Unless forced, I'm in no hurry to run out and buy a Vista machine.

Maybe the next OS iteration, when they finally decide to rewrite the whole OS from scratch, then design separate Virtual Machine style compatibility modules running on top. For legacy software and hardware to think they're running under MS-DOS 6.22 at 8 MHz, or Windows for Workgroups 3.11, or Win98, or WinME...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

A tool of Satan, you say? What about *that* device in your night stand? No, not the bedside denuding fork.

Reply to
sharx35

"sharx35" ...

The box of Q-Tips?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hmm. Must be. [Sharx narrowly misses a sound fwapping.].

Reply to
sharx35

"sharx35"

Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Ohhhh . . . .

(Don't do it, Fat Boy)

I'm working with a Vista machine less than a month old. The hard drive is

70 percent full already.

Vista is just another opportunity to bend over and grab one's ankles and take it like a girlie man. There are no real 'new' features. It's just passed from fatware to bloatware to obeseware to obscenely obeseware.

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr

How big is the hard drive?