Re: How do I buy a Toyota?

Although I didn't try the third row seat, many claim that it isn't suitable for seating adults. The third row seat is only removable with a bit of work.

-- Ron

********* The third row seats in my son's "09 Highlander is very tight, but it folds flat into the floor very easily by pulling a couple of levers.
Reply to
Ray O

Toyotapartsexpress has the MSRP for the 2008 HH battery at $4847. There is another battery that's at $92.

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Peterson

Toyotapartsexpress has the MSRP for the 2008 HH battery at $4847. There is another battery that's at $92.

-- Ron

******** Yes battery replacement is expensive, but battery replacement is not a routine maintenance item, an more than replacing the engine or transmission.
Reply to
Ray O

With a warranty of 8 years or 100,000 miles, that amounts to $600/yr or $0.05/mile. YMMV.

It's going to be important for purchasers of used vehicles because they may be looking at battery replacement. I think that the hybrid vehicles will be on the road longer than conventional vehicles so that new warranty will expire.

I noticed that

battery packs can be reconditioned for one fourth the cost of anew pack.

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Peterson

How much would you pay for a used car the needs a new engine, a tranny or a hybrid that needs a battery pack?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

A used car that needs an engine, tranny, or battery pack are all likely to be at the end of their useful life span, although my son's Escort needed a new tranny with only 130k miles.

Reply to
Ray O

Just subtract the cost of those items from the going price for a used vehicle that doesn't need those things.

What is a rational price for a used vehicle. It seems that many vehicles lose half their market value in 3 years.

The Prius battery is $2500 or about half of a HH's battery.

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Peterson

If you subtract $2500 plus labor, from average going retail price of twelve year old toyota of $3,000 according to NADA, does that make it a good price?

Just subtract the cost of those items from the going price for a used vehicle that doesn't need those things.

What is a rational price for a used vehicle. It seems that many vehicles lose half their market value in 3 years.

The Prius battery is $2500 or about half of a HH's battery.

-- Ron

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I forgot about the alternator I changed a couple of weeks ago on the Escort. At least my son is getting some hands-on experience!

Reply to
Ray O

There is something to be said about networking!

Reply to
Ray O