Re: How long for the oil light to turn off?

2001 Corolla with 7A-FE engine. 95,000 km (60k miles)

> > Takes long 30 seconds when engine is completely cold! > > No noises, no oil consumption, no smoke, everything smooth and working > as it should. My old VW turned the oil light off in less than 10 > seconds and it had a tired engine, clattering and smoking. > > Is this normal for these cars? > > Thanks > > -- Tiago

I'm gonna guess just to see if I win anything when Ray O comes along with the right answer: Tired oil pressure sender.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

When engine is warm, the oil light goes off as soon as the engine start. It is when cold that it takes "for ever". As I and neither one of my family and friends never had a toyota, I wonder if this is normal.

I don't push the throttle to speed up the oil light turning off. It works if I do so, but I think that, if the light is lit, I may cause premature wear on the engine head area and wear is the last thing I want...

Reply to
helpdesk