Re: Import owners are to blame for the recession

If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin

> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda > manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United > States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the > import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000 > engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking > that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy > from the Big Three and take our economy back.

I've been driving for over 40 years, and have owned nothing but American branded autos. I have never had reliability problems and would not consider buying an import (please don't argue that a Toyota is built in America - it is still a foreign brand with profits going overseas). I would feel unpatriotic to buy other than GM, Ford, or Chrysler.

Reply to
McAlisters

You just proved his point.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I guess we can assume you did not see the "L" or the little buton that lowers the ratio?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That may be your opinion but the tax attorney/CPA that works for me, does. He stopped buying Lexus' about the time I did because, as he put it, "Japan Incorporated" is robbing us blind in this country. The difference is he now buy German luxury cars and I buy domestics ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It is true today, the only time one can buy a NEW car.

GM offers more vehicles that get 30 MPG or more than ANY other manufacturer. The full size pickups from both GM and Ford get better fuel mileage than do the Tundra and Triton, as well. I guess that is why today more buys chose GM vehicles than from ANY other manufacture. LOL

.
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yeah. Most people pay to have them removed by a doctor.

You're getting a late start today, Uncle Jemima.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Ah yes, your usual response when people call you out for making stuff up.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Yes, you've stated that before. It's the old "we lose money on every one we sell, but we make it up in volume". Perhaps you'd like to tell us, if GM is selling vehicles so well, why they are going bankrupt?

(Oh wait... not bankrupt this week, I hear the sound of Bush illegally giving them our tax money).

Reply to
me

I guess it depends on what you mean by major. I ran into an issue when I picked up a new Honda Accord in 1990 (November, so it was a new model.) I couldn't get the gas to go in except at a very low rate no matter what I did so I took it back to the dealer after a few weeks because it was taking at least 10 minutes to do a fill up.

They had the car for about a month as they had to send the gas tank and the associated hoses back to Japan and get a new one for me. What had happened is that there is a hose that goes from the gas cap to the gas tank to carry the gas, along with an outer flexible housing to protect the gas hose. The problem is that somehow the inner hose has collapsed so that gas was barely able to enter the gas tank. The dealer said that they had never seen such a thing before which is why the factory wanted to see it.

The problem didn't stop me from using the car but having to go without my new car for a few weeks was very annoying.

Reply to
shawn

DUH You are WRONG, again Why do you keep talking so stupid? Ford did not take federal loans and Toyota sales have been dropping at a greater rate than Ford sales. F150 sales are up and Tundra sales are in the dumper LOL

This is exactly why they are dead today. Took amazingly long time but it is good fun to see them fall now because of their stupid arrogance

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The replacement stands a good chance of failing before the original would have - depending on the manufacturer.

Reply to
clare

Really? It is a violation of US franchise law for American manufacturers to sell to ANYBODY except their franchise dealers. All Vehicles must be sold through their dealerships.

The ONLY exception is Toyota, they sell their vehicles to distributorships, who then sell them to Toyota dealerships.

Reply to
Mike Hunter