Re: New Orleans Saints

Team owner Tom Benson and General Manager Mickey Loomis had put together

> the perfect team for the > New Orleans Saints.

I'd prefer to read about nude beaches rather than a bunch of neanderthal footballers.....but that's just me.

Reply to
mack

maybe if you read the hole thing you would have gotten a laugh and at the least a giggle...

Reply to
GO Mavs

I DID get a little chuckle out of the joke when I first read it, about five or six years ago. At the time it was about living in L.A. as I recall. But I'd still sooner read about nude beaches.

Reply to
mack

Okay!

Presenting our 31st annual guide.

By Gary Hanauer

**For an updated guide to some of the beaches below, click here. We will be updating the entire Bay Guardian Nude Beaches Guide in the coming months, but no need to keep your pants on!

HAVE YOU EVER fantasized about what it would feel like to swing Tarzan-style without the loincloth (or anything else) into an old-fashioned swimming hole (Marin's Bass Lake)? How about sunbathing sans swimsuit near a golf course (Pacific Grove's Pebble Beach), a surfing museum (Santa Cruz's Its Beach), a butterfly refuge (Natural Bridges, also in Santa Cruz), or even a hang glider port (San Francisco's Fort Funston)?

Dying to play volleyball (San Francisco's Baker Beach) or walk your dog (Marin's Red Rock) au naturel? Leave your car wearing nothin' but flip-flops and barbecue wearing nothin' but oven mitts (Davenport's Red, White, and Blue)? These activities and more are possible in northern California.

Now in its 31st year, our guide to nude beaches, lakes, ponds, rivers, swimming holes, hot springs, and even waterfalls and meadows bulges with new entries in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Mendocino Counties, as well as Lake Tahoe.

From Santa Cruz's backyard-size 2222 beach to a state-designated naked site near Pacifica, a nude lake on Mount Diablo, and a public swimming pool in Berkeley where women are officially permitted to sunbathe topless, the options for fun in the sun without tan lines have never been better. And the options include brand-new listings, as well as spots that have been around for years.

Timing counts. Winter storms washed away a surprisingly large amount of sand from Marin County's Red Rock and Muir Beaches. However, experts think it will probably return in late summer and early fall. On Sept. 17 you can help the Bay Area Naturists

a local naturist group, clean up Santa Cruz's Bonny Doon Beach. Naked Yoga Sports Day is coming to San Francisco on Sept. 24. And next spring you can hike with BAN members to breathtakingly beautiful Bass Lake, in the Point Reyes National Seashore, or the newly listed Hidden Pond, in Contra Costa County.

Want to help improve our guide? Send suggestions, new beach finds, better directions (especially road milepost numbers), and trip reports to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com or via snail mail c/o Bay Guardian, 135 Mississippi St., San Francisco, CA 94107. Be sure to include your phone number so we can check facts.

A note on ratings: An A goes to places that are large or long-established and where the crowd is mostly nude, B to ones where fewer than half of the users are nude, C to small or emerging nude areas, and D to spots we recommend you avoid.

Reply to
GO Mavs