Re: Oil Independence Day 2006

Where do you live in a cave? Get your facts straight, this President has asked the Congress for more money for alternate fuels than any President in our history. The problem lies with the Dims in Congress that will not allow the Presidents energy bill, passed by the House, to get to the floor of the Senate for an up or down vote . Send your letters to the DNC, WBMA

YOU can help to REDUCE our dependence on imported oil TODAY, by using less of it. Reduce your consumption of some of the millions of the things that use the carbon components that we get from crude oil like the plastics products used for, TVs, cell phones, cars, trucks, furniture, home siding, windows, yard tools, wheels, buckets, medicines, clothing, shoes, PCs, printers, copiers, desks, paints, deodorants, hair spray, detergents, cleaners, rugs and etc.

Buy less of the things that requires use of the fuels we get from crude for production of food, transportation, electricity, construction, home heating etc., you might even drive less "Linda".

Alas in the end under the constraints of the current environmental laws, we could not produce, transport, distribute or store, ENOUGH of any of the alternate fuels to eliminate importing crude. At best, we can reduce the amount we import. ;)

mike hunt

High gas prices have created a new group of people - > "pump grumblers." > When pumping our high priced gas, we grumble words of > resentment, while feeling powerless. We need gas, so > we pay the price. Standing as a individual we are > powerless, but together our voices would be heard. > America is a strong, independent country. > When John Kennedy proposed we put a man on the moon, a > goal and time line was set. American determination > made it happen. Let's apply the same initiative to > independence of oil through alternative energy > research and use. We already have brilliant minds who > are making great strides towards this goal. > Demand that the President stand up for us. > Ask him to support Alternative energy to free us from > oil dependence, > starting today. Millions of letters cannot be ignored. > > Write a paper letter before July 4 to the President. > Urge friends and family to do the same. > President Bush > The White House > 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW > Washington, DC 20500 > Down Load a letter at >
Pass this on or add a link to your web page.> From: > Linda >
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Are you referring to the "alternative energy bill" that includes more deductions for the oil companies that made record profits last year? The only way in which this bill involves "more money for alternate fuels" is to add those general tax deductions for the oil companies in as though they were actually money for alternative fuels.

Which they're not. Some will got into executive salaries. Some will be distributed to stockholders. Some will go to lobbyists. Some will go to development of conventional resources. Of course, if you spend a few million on lobbyists and get a couple of billions back in tax deductions, that's a pretty good investment strategy, now, isn't it?

If the President would like to introduce a bill that involves real incentives to develop real alternatives rather than just ExxonMobil richer, I'm sure the Senate will zip it right through.

It's rather late for this endorsement of Carter's policies. The Repugs strippe CAFE, for instance, of all meaning over 10 years ago.

Reply to
DH

Imagine the foolishness of an idea of allowing energy companies, with an in place distribution system and R & D facilities, to keep some of the billions they would pay in taxes to developed new source of energy. It makes more sense to take more of their money, and give SOME of it to others as a government gift to spend on executive salaries, distributed to stockholders, and pay lobbyists. I bet some will even go to development of conventional resources.. LOL

mike hunt

.
Reply to
Mike Hunter

stockholders,

You're right! Their in-place distribution system, existing R&D facilities, ability to sell back to us our own oil at spot-market prices and a deduction for each barrel they pull out isn't enough of a competitive advantage. Not nearly. Let's give them MORE tax breaks, too.

Idiot.

No, wait, you have previously demonstrated limited comprehension of idiomatic English usage. I shall be more clear:

You are an idiot.

deductions,

Reply to
dh

A good proportion of what you say is manufactured overseas. Business has successfully played a shell game with crude and as a result we import more crude than in the 70's but not as much as it would be if the manufacturing climate had remained the same. I've made suggestions (close restaurants on weekends for example) as a way to stop the frivolous waste of energy and all I get is shit comments about not telling business what to do or how it would put out some people because they don't want to cook. How about glass for soda bottles? Oh no! Too heavy. How about natural bonemeal or blood meal instead of fertilizer from crude? Oh no! Takes too long. The government plays games with tax deductions and tax credits by turning them on and turning them off. People who fear losing that traditional car to a hybrid berates those who buy hybrids. It's not cost effective!! blah blah blah. No real savings. blah blah blah. And probably the best is Thank you for using less so I can race around in my sports car. The real war is happening right here. Coast Guard may end up killing the Cape wind project. What the f*ck!!! Might think we were trying to put a trash incinerator on Martha's Vineyard. Best thing that could happen for us is to shut the crude tap off completely. Period. Fat people would lose weight. Go to bed early. Manage time better. Get a job closer to home and buy a home closer to work.

Reply to
mark digital

And instead of burning fuel oil and natural gas in power plants we need to get more atomic power plants on line like France has. We have been bamboozled by the environmental nut cases and the politicians are equally to blame for patronizing them.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

My dear fried Idiot, if for some reason the US could go completely over to hydrogen or ethanol over night to run our vehicles, (both of which cost more than gasoline to produce,) under current environmental laws it would take ten to fifteen years and many billions of dollars to get a distribution system in place to distribute the stuff throughout the US. We would still need to import crude to obtain the carbon stock we currently use since gasoline is merely a byproduct of refining that needs to be consumed or burned off at the refinery.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Perhaps, but we would suffer the deepest worldwide depression in history. That would not be a problem for long, since the population would starve in a year or so. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually with the Presidents urging the Congress has changed to process of acquiring a Nuclear plant license. Seventy-five applications have been submitted to the NRC. Unfortunately it will take 20 years before they all go on line. Energy experts suggest we need more than 150 to eliminate coal, which currently supplies around 55%, as the primary fuel for electrical generating stations.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually what I meant to say was to shut off the foreign oil and use only what we pump. It's gonna come down to that anyway. Like it or not the world is our slave. We export fuel to Japan so she can make products for us. We convinced China to go capitalist, import fuel, make products for us. We export coal like no tomorrow all over the world. We have more stored energy in coal than the rest of the world has in petroleum. We don't have enough uranium to go independent.

Back in the 80's there was a warning we were at odds with other countries competing for raw materials. Ironically (no pun intended), the finished products come back to us anyway. I'm still hoping we can lasso a asteroid, mine it for it's minerals and pay off the national debt. Skip the moon. It's only made of cheese. LOL

mark_

Reply to
mark digital

Having what to do with more tax breaks for the oil industry? Tax breaks masquerading as "funding for alternative fuels," that is.

Your ADD is showing. Try to remain on-point.

Reply to
dh

It will not serve our strategic interests to run out of oil first.

What we should be doing is to manage demand in such a way that we drive prices down and, while prices are low, buy up their oil and run up our strategic reserves (and/or stop pumping our own).

Of course, we may have passed the point at which we could manage demand to that degree. Had we started aggressively curtailing oil use during the Carter Admnistration, as Carter wanted, we would have been able to do it.

Reply to
dh

< snip rest of hydrogen propaganda >

You sure like backing a loser !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear wrote:

What makes you think I BACK YOU?

Replacing snips, for non-losers to download and read...

CDROM National Hydrogen Energy Roadmap-- A National Hydrogen Vision

33162.pdf
CDROM Proceedings of the 2002 U.S. DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Annual Program 32405.pdf
CD-ROM ZIP 47.8 MB High-Performance PV Project-- Exploring and Accelerating Ultimate Pathways 35267.pdf
CD-ROM ZIP 64 MB International Solar Concentrator Conference for the Generation of Electricity or Hydrogen 2004 35349.pdf
slide graphic is #6 out of 24. Solar America-- A Solar Energy Tour of the United States (CD-ROM ZIP 344.8 MB) 28494.pdf
Transportation Energy Data Book Edition24_Full_Doc.pdf 9525 KB
Renewable Energy Atlas of the West atlas_final.pdf 50,775 KB
8601 KB

Evaluation of Natural Gas Pipeline Materials for Hydrogen Service 2005

04_adams_nat_gas.pdf 10,211 KB
Basic Research Needs for the Hydrogen Economy 2003 hydrogen.pdf 7418 KB
Center of Excellence for Chemical Hydrogen Storage-- LANL Tasks and Collaborations 116058.pdf 8081 KB
DOE Carbon-based Materials Center of Excellence heben_st18_stp30.pdf 5265 KB
Fuel Cells Program Mission-Goals 2003 williams_fe_fuel_cells.pdf 7140 KB
Hydrogen Embrittlement Of Pipeline Steels-- Causes And Remediation 2005 09_sofronis_pipe_steels.pdf 6646 KB
Hydrogen permeability and Integrity of hydrogen transfer pipelines 2005 03_babu_transfer.pdf 5733 KB
Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Infrastructure Program 2005 02_parks_dtt.pdf 9416 KB
NREL H2 Electrolysis - Utility Integration Workshop 2004 euiw_4_h2tp_nrel.pdf 7604 KB
NREL H2 Electrolysis - Utility Integration Workshop 2004 euiw_3_doe_utility.pdf
NREL H2 Electrolysis - Utility Integration Workshop 2004 euiw_9_h2_svc_stations.pdf
Overview of DOE Metal Hydride Center of Excellence (MHCoE) stp15_wang.pdf 5425 KB

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's Hydrogen Analysis Capabilities 2004 13_pnnl_placet.pdf 6171 KB

Pennsylvania Regional 2005 11_wang_infra.pdf 9951 KB
Small Wind Systems Tutorial wind_turbine_towers.pdf 8820 KB
Validation of An Integrated System for a Hydrogen-Fueled Power Park tv5_keenan.pdf 5277 KB
Hydrogen Economy: a non-technical review ELECTROLYSIS Gov't Free Downloads PDFs:

Advances in On-Site Electrolysis Hydrogen Generation Technology 2005 PEM vs Alkaline.pdf

Alkaline, High Pressure Electrolysis 2005 pd26_ibrahim.pdf
Alkaline, High-Pressure Electrolysis 2004 iif3_cohen.pdf
Alkaline, High-Pressure Electrolysis 2005 iv_h_5_Cohen.pdf
Alkaline, High-Pressure Electrolysis iif3_cohen.pdf
Development Of A PEM Electrolyzer Enabling Seasonal Storage Of Renewable Energy 2005 CEC-500-2005-085.PDF
Development of New Polymer Electrolytes for Operation at High Temperature and Low Relative Humidity fc6_zawodzinski.pdf
Effective Utilization of By-product Oxygen of Electrolysis Hydrogen Production 2003P_kato.pdf
Electrodes for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Operation on Hydrogen-Air ive12_uribe.pdf
Electrolysis Development and Hydrogen Infrastructure 2004 euiw_a10_electricity_mtg.pdf
Electrolysis Production of Hydrogen from Wind and Hydropower chalk_doe.ppt
Electrolysis- Technology and Infrastructure Options 2004 euiw_background.pdf
Electrolysis-Utility Integration Workshop 2004 euiw_agenda.pdf
Electrolysis-Utility Integration Workshop 2004 PURPOSE euiw_02_intro_shawna.pdf
Electrolytic Hydrogen Production kauffman_electrolytic.pdf
Enabling Science for Advanced Ceramic Membrane Electrolyzers 2002

32405b21.pdf
HIGH EFFICIENCY STEAM ELECTROLYZER 2000 28890y.pdf
High Temperature Solid Oxide Electrolyzer System 2005 pd24_herring.pdf
High-Efficiency Steam Electrolyzer 2003 iid2_vance.pdf
High-Temperature Polymer Electrolyte Membranes fc7_myers.pdf
High-Temperature Polymer Membranes ivb3_myers.pdf
High-Temperature Solid Oxide Electrolyser System 2003 iid3_herring.pdf
High-Temperature Solid-Oxide Electrolyzer System 2004 iif1_herring.pdf
Hydrogen Generation by Electrolysis 2004 euiw_3_doe_utility.pdf
Hydrogen Generation from Electrolysis (New Project) 2004 iif6_porter.pdf
Hydrogen Generation from Electrolysis 2004 hpd_16_cohen.pdf
Hydrogen Generation from Electrolysis 2004 hpd_p22_maloney.pdf
Hydrogen Generation From Electrolysis 2005 pdp_41_porter.pdf
Hydrogen Matrix as of 12.1.05.pdf
Hydrogen Production - Increasing the Efficiency of Water Electrolysis (New Project) 2004 iif4_ingersoll.pdf
Hydrogen Production - Increasing the Efficiency of Water Electrolysis 2005 pdp_39_pile.pdf
Hydrogen Production & Delivery 2005 pd1_devlin.pdf
Hydrogen production 2004 pigneri_ing.pdf

Hydrogen Production Factsheet h2_prod_fsheet.pdf

Life Cycle Assessment of Renewable Hydrogen Production via Wind - Electrolysis 35404.pdf
Low Cost Hydrogen Production Platform pdp_4_aaron.pdf
Low Cost, High Efficiency Reversible Fuel Cell (And Electrolyzer) Systems 30535aw.pdf
Low Cost, High Efficiency, High Pressure Hydrogen Storage 2004 st_2_newell.pdf
Low Cost, High Efficiency, High Pressure Hydrogen Storage 2005

04_warner_quantum.pdf
Low Cost, High Efficiency, High Pressure Hydrogen Storage st15_ko.pdf
Low Cost, High Performance PPSA-based PEM Fuel Cell Membranes fcp_6_ma.pdf
Low Temperature Electrolysis 2004 maloney.pdf
Low Temperature Electrolytic Hydrogen Production pdp_56_weidner.pdf
Multi-Sourced Electricity for Electrolytic Hydrogen 2004 euiw_7_h2fc_wind_boulder.pdf
Novel, Low-Cost Solid Membrane Water Electrolyzer (Phase II Project) 2005 xi_9_kosek.pdf
NREL H2 Electrolysis - Utility Integration Workshop 2004 euiw_3_doe_utility.pdf
NREL H2 Electrolysis - Utility Integration Workshop 2004 euiw_4_h2tp_nrel.pdf
NREL H2 Electrolysis - Utility Integration Workshop 2004 euiw_9_h2_svc_stations.pdf
Renewable Electrolysis Integrated System Development and Testing iif2_elam.pdf
Renewable Electrolysis Integrated System Development and Testing pd25_kroposki.pdf
Renewable Hydrogen From Wind In California 2005 UCD-ITS-RP-05-09.pdf
Renewable Hydrogen Fueling Station System 2004 tv_p9_boehm.pdf
Renewables for Sustainable Village Power rsvp_2000.pdf
Research & Development for Off-Road Fuel Cell Applications (New Project) ivj9_steinbroner.pdf
Research & Development for Off-Road Fuel Cell Applications fc43_simpkins.pdf
Reversible Planar Solid Oxide Fuel--Fed Fed Electrolysis Cell and Solid Oxide Fuel Cell for Electrolysis Cell and Solid Oxide Fuel Cell for Hydrogen and Electricity Production pd2_tao.pdf
Summary of Electrolytic Hydrogen Production 36734.pdf
Summary of Electrolytic Hydrogen Production 2004 35948.pdf
System Design and New Materials for Reversible Solid-Oxide, High-Temperature Steam Electrolysis pdp_42_ruud.pdf
Technology Brief-- Analysis of Current-Day Commercial Electrolyzers 36705.pdf
REPIGS Bloodthirsty Eternal Wa

You already posted them once !

Hydrogen's energy density is far too low to be much *real* use to anyone and the energy involved in making it far too high. It's just being given political lip-service to look good at the moment.

It'll have a niche market I guess.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

it'll remain a chemical feedstock, used where its generated.

the economics just suck.

Reply to
beav

the energy involved in making

Cuz you is a dumbfuck, right?

Thomas Lee Elifritz

the energy involved in making

the moment.

Clearly talking about the realities of hydrogen production and usage is way over your head.

Posting links to daft websites doesn't exactly reinforce your case either.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

the energy involved in making

the moment.

over your head.

Quantum Mechanics and Electrocatalysis certainly isn't.

The websites, which are loaded with physics, speaks for itself. What in particular about reality are you having a problem with, dumbfuck.

You seem to be doing well in the parroting of fantasy thing, pooh bear.

Thomas Lee Elifritz

The sheer cost of making hydrogen and it's poor energy density by volume. Not to mention storage issues.

Graham

p.s. calling ppl dumbfuck makes *you* look pretty daft yourself.

Reply to
Pooh Bear