Re: Oil Independence Day 2006

He's very proud of his 'rocket scientist' credentials too. This clearly makes him an expert in *everything*.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

No, organic carbon is far different than calcium carbonate.

Are you proud of your outright stupidity?

It must be stupid pride month.

lifeform1
[....]

That would only make sense for them if oil is cheaper than ethanol for them. And we would stop importing ethanol if that is the case. Free market regulates itself.

Reply to
Rob Dekker

"Rob Dekker" wrote in news:4W%qg.62232$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Both taxes and subsidies can distort markets to the point where something like this is profitable. Unfortunately, while unregulated, free markets in some sence regulate themselves the result may not be very desirable.

Reply to
Thomas Palm

Josh Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I meant Europe or in particular Sweden.

There isn't enough supply to meet the potential demand. The development where Brazilians shift from buying cars designed only for burning ethanol to ones capable of burning any mix of gas and ethanol is real.

Many cities are reducing cars, and while the initial resistance tend to be hard, once the regulations are in place they become a lot more popular. Here in Stochkolm almost everyone hated the politcal majority for introducing congestion charges, but now that they have been in place for about half a year they have support from around half the population.

I just don't trust your "miracle" technologies to be enough. Once you do the numbers they tend to turn out to be less than impressive.

Wikipedia uses the definition: "A carbon dioxide sink or CO2 sink is a carbon reservoir that is increasing in size, and is the opposite of a carbon "source"."

Reply to
Thomas Palm

And calcium chloride is far different than calcium carbonate. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Brazil has only around 9,000,000 vehicles on its highways. The US has

230,000,000. Even, if by some magic, the US could produce enough ethanol to meet our needs, how do you suppose we would distribute the ethanol to all parts of the US?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Um, have you checked your local liquor store lately?

Reply to
Don Lancaster

The same way as gasoline is distributed !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You know a lot of people who consume 15 gallons of booze a week?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

How many fifths do you want sir, or shall I just fill 'er up? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Who will pay the billions to build such a system? Image the field day the environuts will have with that one, destroy the environment to save the environment. LOL

mike

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Certainly.

Reply to
Don Lancaster

Can you explain yourself ? What did you have in mind that would destroy the environment ?

Graham .

Reply to
Eeyore

Do you really believe the environuts will not fight any attempt to build a distribution system throughout the US for ethanol. They do not even want to see more electrical transmission lines being built. LOL

mike hunt

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Oy.

We have got a very serious nut here.

Reply to
Josh Hill

You failure to describe what it is you're laughing at ( I still have no idea ) is noted. LOL too !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

He certainly seems to be an expert at low vocabulary insults . . .

Reply to
Josh Hill

I doubt Warren Buffett ever said that, but if he did the difference is of course, whomever leaves the money to those at the county club earned it, paid a high tax rate on it while doing so, whose beneficiaries still pays taxes on those stocks and bonds, and the estate was taxed at 55% when the giver died.. All that to allow for those receiving the welfare to get their 'gifts' tax free, without lifting a finger except to spend the money and the politicians get the credit for helping the poor. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You really should stop top-posting btw.