Re: {OT:} 2009 Adminstration

Likely true. But in his case, you've got to swallow a very big oyster to find that very small pearl.

Reply to
witfal

No, but dimmies count on earmarks to hold power. Republicans count on earmarks to help people.

Reply to
dbu

Can you provide examples of each category of earmark? Here's a web site that will help make it easy:

JoeSpareBedroom

The dimmies will do anything to gain power, over you. Keep that in mind.

Reply to
dbu

That last statement does not address the myth you mentioned earlier, which remains a myth until you go to that web site and come up with specific examples of legislation which prove your point.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Stand-by, I have a large fish on my hook and I'm reeling it in. It is fighting, but the hook is set really good. I don't think it will get away.

Reply to
dbu

No. What happened here is that you are drunk, and once again, you made a statement you can't back up with facts.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Don't drink, don't smoke. How about you?

Reply to
dbu

My choice dropped out - John Edwards.

BTW, Huckabee says things I agree with. I wish he would loose the evangelical bent. Evangelicals worry me because they want to meld religion & government. `````````````````` These last two sentences: exactly my thoughts.

Cathy

``````````````````````` His idea of adding 2 lanes to I-95 from Maine to Florida to generate jobs makes much more sense than spending 150+ billion on a "Stimulous" package. I also liked what he had to say last night.

Ed S.

Reply to
Cathy F.

Sounds simple, until they would try to do it. In the first place 150 billion would not get in done, in a few states, let alone all of its length. Secondly current environmental law would not ALLOW it to happen. It took nearly twenty years and 15 billions in nineteen eighties dollars, to build

20 miles of I-476 from the PA Turnpike to I-95 because of the environuts changing the laws, after the Interstate system started in the fifties LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

That may be but it was primarily the new case law environmental restrictions, as set by the courts to settle suits against the EPA, that lead to changes in the federal interstate construction regulations the allowed for sharper turns and allowed compound curves, sound barriers as well as steeper grades and few lanes of traffic, all in efforts to lessening, the so called light, noise and air pollution, that now are the criteria for all roads in Pennsylvania and future Interstate highways. In addition we have wet land and species "preservation" to contend with, something that were not there in the fifties sixties

I doubt if we could afford to build the current system with the currently overly restrictive laws. It is a matter of record that the last of the interstates cost five times as much in inflation adjusted dollars, per mile to build

I can only imagine what will happen when we try to build a hydrogen distribution system throughout the country LOL

It wasn't environuts that held up the Blue Route, I-476, it was landowners not wanting to give up their property to imminent domain.

We almost got the "202 Bypass" here but people in 2 townships stopped the project because they were afraid of brown people getting off the new highway in their backyards. But of course they used environmental arguments even though the leaders and citizens of both townships are republican to the core.

Ed S.

Reply to
Mike hunt

I am grateful that we have these regulations that protect both animals and plants. As you may recall, the Philadelphia Zoo animals had lead poisoning from all the lead in the air from the Skulkill Expressway (route 76) in the '70s. In addition, these regulations protect the quality of life for the people who live near the highways. These are often people who lived near where the highway and moved in before the highway was built.

The wetlands are what help filter our water and help prevent flooding. Again, I am grateful to the government for protecting us and other life forms.

Some of them were in congested areas, like route 676 (the Vine St. Expressway) which is right next to the Art Museum, Philadelphia Public Library, a Hospital and Medical school, the Franklin Institute, a cathedral, a high school, and in the middle of an urban area. It also involved at least one suspension bridge. The costs of building 476 included rerouting other highways and buying land, something that has also gone up, especially as more and more areas were settled and developed.

Hopefully, someone will realize that hydrogen as a fuel source is idiotic, because of all the CO2 that goes into the atmosphere when one generates H2 from methane, and put a stop to it.

Reply to
Jeff

You just mentioned a list of fantastically positive improvements in the way we build highways. For people who'd prefer to live in a place where nothing much changes as the decades pass, there's Russia.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We are glad you are greateful. Once again you prove you like to pick out a part of a thread so you can comment on every subject, since what you like has nothing to do with the point that adding two lanes to I-95 will likely never happen with laws in place today LOL

.
.
Reply to
Mike hunt

It appears our friend Jeff was the not the only one for whom the comment, that we could not add two laines to I-95 under current law, went over their head LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

greateful???

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Maybe you're right. Explain it to me in a different way.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom