Re: OT - Bailout corruption

> This > > should give the warm fuzzies to bailout backers, as well as fairy tale voters.

Worse than TARP or Iraq? Impossible.

If not this stimulus plan, then what? Remember, GW Bush tried tax cuts like crazy, but the economy stalled anyway, probably because he cut taxes too much and the wrong way.

So what's your plan, and how much better will it do, according to some legitimate econometric models?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I would say that tax cuts are fine as long as they are coupled with a balanced budget. I think we've had one of those for like 2 of the last 20 years.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

But in our current condition, we can't afford to balance the budget because that would remove demand from the economy and put us into a death spiral.

Sometimes it makes sense to cut taxes even while running a deficit, and this is one of those times, unlike 2003-2005, when all it did was create our current condition.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Isn't Fox News a legitimate econometric model?

And, why do you hate our troops?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Fox News is, by definition, the absolute truth in all matters because it's the word of God, but only when it's revealed through Simpsons characters.

I love our troops but just not in the erotic manner Scott lusts for Gen. Petraus.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly