Re: OT Cheney - Cutting Gas Tax Stupid

If you did a search you will discover you are wrong. The greatest percentage of the budget goes to entitlements, not national défense. If we don't spend enough on défense EVERYTHING else will be gone

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 05:46:21 -0500, Joe > Maybe we should stop sending troops all over the world to protect the > investments of the wealthy. Since we spend more on offense than the > rest of the world combined, spending less would mean lower taxes. The > rich can go protect their investments themselves, using their kids.
Reply to
Mike hunt

In message news:i5-dnehkNZip3MzVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net, "Mike hunt" burned some brain cells writing:

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars are being funded OFF-BUDGET.

Do you consider the maintenance of military presence in 130 countries to be "defense"? If so, explain how China considers itself safe without doing the same.

Reply to
Klark Kent

The US is surrounded by water and we have friendly neighbors that depend on us for their survival. The counties that invaded China in recent memory were their neighbors

Reply to
Mike hunt

In message news:1YSdnVxJ_byqzszVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net, "Mike hunt" burned some brain cells writing:

Still no justification for military presence in 130 countries.

And who has "invaded China in recent memory"?

And how do you consider Mexico "friendly" when they won't do DICK about the taco invasion (although they have a policy of torturing and killing illegal immigrants themselves)?

Reply to
Klark Kent

Japan and the former Russian Republic, you must be a youngster.

You seem to forget it is our military that makes it possible for you to talk stupid all the time LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

In message news:j_OdnZmt4JkC6MzVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net, "Mike hunt" burned some brain cells writing:

No, I just know that China did not exist in its present form in either

1898 or 1931.

If the military doesn't get properly deployed, we'll be talking Spanish all the time.

Reply to
Klark Kent

Japan and the Soviet Union. But I don't disagree with you about China's defense policies.

Reply to
rantonrave

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@mail.com" burned some brain cells writing:

1898 and 1931 are "recent memory"?
Reply to
Klark Kent

China and the Soviet Union had rather major border battles at least as recently as the 1970s.

Reply to
rantonrave