Re: OT Gun Free Zones? Who has the guns? Liberalism Kills!!!

> DEKALB, Ill. - Another person shot when a gunman opened fire at a > lecture hall at Northern Illinois University has died, bringing the > toll to seven, including the gunman, a coroner said Friday. > > > > Investigators and school officials did not immediately know why > the man indiscriminately fired into the crowd with a shotgun and two > handguns Thursday, wounding 15 people and sending panicked students > fleeing for the exits before killing himself. > > > > ?We have no motive and I have no way of knowing what the motive > was,? University Police Chief Donald Grady said. > > > At one time I was very against arming teachers or allowing qualified > students to carry on campus. I?m not any more. These maniacs go to > those schools KNOWING that their?s will be the only gun there - until > police arrive. And that can take minutes. > > > If you know anything about guns, or ever fire on a range, take any > semi-automatic pistol with, say, two extra loaded magazines, and see > how long it will take you to fire every single round in those > magazines. It doesn?t take but a few seconds. Then imagine firing into > a crowded room filled with unarmed people. > > > Like shooting fish in a barrel. > > > > This one, like some others before him, even stopped to reload. One > gun. That?s all it would have taken. But that campus, like all the > others, is a ?gun free zone?. > > > To everyone except the killer.

It will be interesting to find out how a diagnosed psychopath could get his hands on guns and how and why he was off his meds.

Gun free zones are stupid. Another liberal idea to "do" something, to make it appear they are really doing something. It doesn't work, like so many of the liberal idealists ideas.

Reply to
dbu

Kind of like denying people guns that YOU don't think they should own, right dbu?

Reply to
witfal

The system is broken. You should sit face to face with your elected Washington barnacle and find out what they intend to do about it. Also ask about the immense problems involved with stopping lunatics from owning guns.

You won't do this, but I thought it would be fun to suggest.

You're right. They're stupid. But, so is any legal gun owner who obeys those no-guns-allowed rules. If you're carrying concealed PROPERLY, there's only one way your gun will be discovered: When you use it to stop a senseless attack. Then you'll be a hero and nobody will care that you broke their silly rule.

By the way, next time you're at a mall, read the posted rules and report back to us about what those rules REALLY say about carrying a gun in the mall.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Exactly. But dbu doesn't think people should own guns that HE thinks are unnecessary. He's proclaimed himself to be the arbiter of what consitutes an evil or useful weapon. It's got a pistol grip and a 20 round magazine??!!??? No way you should own one, caliber be damned.

Talk about a liberal mindset.

Reply to
witfal

Look stupid, I don't think crooks and psychopaths should own guns. If you think they have some God given right then maybe you are one of them.

Reply to
dbu

Yes, you do.

Neither do I. But that opinion is not what I was referring to. Your previous posts on guns YOU feel should be restricted from everyone is what I was mentioning. No backpedaling allowed, dbu.

Do try to keep up.

Reply to
witfal

Put your little pointed hat on and sit in a corner. You haven't the slightest idea of what's going on.

Reply to
dbu

Au contraire. witfal's referring to comments you've made in the past about how certain weapons shouldn't be available to us.

Of course, that wouldn't have mattered in the most recent incident, since the weapons you're opposed to were not the kind used by the shooter.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hey, don't foist dbu on the liberals. He is not a liberal but he may be someone who is willing to think about possible solutions to the gun crimes in America. I wonder sometimes what anyone needs a handgun for. I know all the arguments pro & con but you can't hunt with one. People in some wild areas may need a 375 to shoot a charging kodiak bear but when's the last time that happened.

======================

I don't see the appeal of collecting beany babies or useless teacups, but some people do.

You are unaware of why some people carry handguns. Does that mean there's no valid reason?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:tQBtj.4239$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

Tell that to Bernie Goetz.

Reply to
Tegger

It could go that way, or not.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

dbu wrote in news:nospam-FB684E.06271316022008 @comcast.dca.giganews.com:

Hey, remember when... Schools had shooting clubs? There was mandatory marksmanship training? There was the ROTC?

Isn't it interesting that these problems didn't happen before there was modern gun control?

It's really funny how the media constantly refers to a "growing gun culture" as the root of society's problems, but nobody seems to have worried about a "gun culture" before there was much gun control (before about 1968-1975).

Reply to
Tegger

On Feb 16, 12:21 pm, Tegger wrote:

LOL.. I was just talking about much the same on another forum. I consider a pistol nothing more than a tool. I also think anyone twisted enough to want to kill multiple people would find some way to do it, even if they couldn't get a gun. And everyone knows that anyone can get a gun off the street with no checks. Crooks don't do background checks. I've had guns most all my life, my dad, my grandfather, on down the years problably to the point they came over from Europe. None of us have gone ballistic and shot up the neighborhoods yet. I mentioned to one that I had a .40 semi auto sitting under this table, and you get the semi spoken impression they think I'm some kind of gun crazy animal because I own a tool to protect myself from defective units and wild animals. Heck, we used to shoot in the boy scouts. We had camping trips where the scoutmasters would bring and demo all kinds of rifles, etc. Even an elephant gun. Part of it is where you live. The rural people still tend to pack something, hunt more, etc. But the city is mixed.. Some have em, but some are terrified of them. All they know about firearms is what they watch on TV and the movies. I actually need mine at times, as I've got land out in the sticks, and I camp out there alone quite a bit. Animals can be a problem, but 2 leg varmints are always a possibility, and the nearest sheriff is going to be miles away. I'd probably do about anything to avoid shooting someone even to the point of running away if possible, but I sleep better knowing if the crap hits the fan, I've got a pretty good attitude adjustment device. If they tried to take my car, I'd probably confront them though. I need my horse, and I'm 450 miles from home. But one warning shot from a .40 will probably get it through their heads to cease and desist such behavior. If Hillarious or Obama gets in office, god help us.. :( Not that the other side look much better. It's grim no matter which side of the line you are on. But at least Huckabee is not paranoid of firearms. His wife even shoots them. Course, he gonna win at 0 oclock... I don't really know much about McCain in that area. You ban guns, then only crooks and wanna be dictators will have guns. I noticed lately that Cheney came out against the DC ban recently going against Bush. I don't really have a lot of use for Cheney, but at least that's one right thing he did while in office. MK

Reply to
nm5k

Sonny, it's pretty apparent you can't rent a clue as to anything happening anywhere. I've dealt with gnats that put your intellect to shame.

But, hey. If you want to keep coming back for more smacks on the snout with my newspaper, who am I to care li'l piss-puppy?

Reply to
witfal

Guns are much easier to kill people with. Explosives would be the first choice, but explosives are under tight control. Even some fertilizer is spiked with tags and records of purchases maintained. In fact even some of the components which could be used to make explosive devices are monitored. Go try and buy a large quantity of nitric acid nowdays. Bottom line is firearms are still the weapon of choice here in the U.S. for crooks and kooks. They are the most easy to obtain, hide and use for mass murder. Record keeping and database monitoring is still in the dumper. All the while kooks still do their work and parents grieve. Right to pack is silly, by the time someone who has a firearm and is able to react, (if they do at all) it's over.

No wonder whitwuffle and others of his ilk are paranoid.

Reply to
dbu

I've had to deal with piss ants far worse than you.

Reply to
dbu

You've obviously never seen a well trained shooter, and I don't mean an actor in a movie.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Vast majority of people who have guns are not trained to react in stressful situations. They are only trained to know where the safety is and which direction to point the gun.

Reply to
dbu

Because of wussies like JoeNoBedroom, the college I graduated from dropped its 104 year old ROTC program the year I graduated. All male students that transferred in as less than juniors had to take at least one year of ROTC.

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr

dbu wrote in news:nospam-8329BA.16241916022008 @comcast.dca.giganews.com:

That's not important. The deterrent factor alone is sufficient.

Reply to
Tegger