Re: OT Gun Free Zones? Who has the guns? Liberalism Kills!!!

I already said I was pro-choice. The thought of YOU, however, owning a gun, does give pause.

I'm a lifetime member. No problem.

Numbers don't make right, dbu. Surely you must know that.

The upcoming SCOTUS case is being watched with great interest. Should their decision go the way it's expected, no number of anti-gun nut congressmen will make any difference. The Second Amendment will serve the purpose for which it was intended, idiots (like you) be damned.

IF, and I said again IF this decision overthrows D.C.'s ridiculous gun laws, then George Bush will leave office with one, unintentional feather in his cap: his choices for SCOTUS judges.

You HAVE read all about the case, haven't you?

Reply to
witfal

A 230gr Hydra-Shok will serve the purpose nicely.

Reply to
witfal

Blind idiots like you will not help the cause. Your money is the only thing of value from you. Bumble along twerp.

Reply to
dbu

Can you imagine a collage full of gun toting students. I can't.

Reply to
dbu

Doesn't it embarrass you in the least when you so effectively display your intellectual mediocrity in public?

Just like the piss-puppy you are, you keep getting whacked by others and myself, yet you keep coming back for more.

Astounding.

Reply to
witfal

It would never be 'full' of them--even in a gun-loving state like my own (KY) we only have about a 5% CCDW license rate. But that would be enough to serve as a fabulous deterrent.

Do you have any statistics to cite showing that the presence of legally armed citizens has incited violence? No, I didn't think you did. All evidence from the increasing number of 'shall issue' state in the US says exactly the opposite.

Facts are tricky things--and they trump knee-jerk emotional reactions like yours.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

In rec.guns a couple of years ago, someone provided a link to FBI stats which showed how many crimes had been committed by legal handgun owners in the past 30 years. It was pretty shocking. Like...2. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

A fan of the .45 ACP, I see. Excellent choice!

I have eight 230gr Hydra-Shoks on my nightstand. I store them in a special dispenser made by SIG.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

On Feb 17, 8:24 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

I've had a pack of wild dogs run through my property last summer. I also saw a large black jaquar about 1 mile from my place last Sept. The dogs blew through while I was grilling some dinner, and they ran into the clearing where I camp, did a U turn and ran right back out the same way they came in. At a full run the whole time. It made me quite nervous. There are also wild hogs that are around. I know a park ranger who had to shoot one, and he used his .40 Glock. Said he had to dump nearly the whole mag before the thing went down. I'm sure he was probably using LE hollow points.. I told him he'd probably had better luck with FMJ. You need good penetration on big hogs and such, more than expansion. The hollow points can expand too quick. Normally, 180 grain is the heaviest for the .40, but double tap sells a 200 grain flat cast slug with a pretty hot charge. Will do 1050 fps from a 4 inch. They also sell 200 gr FMJ's with the same speed for a lil cheaper. Those would be good for hogs, and other larger animals. But just the regular 180 gr FMJ should do half decent. I don't know if black bears are around my area or not.. Maybe, but I'm not sure. They have them a bit farther to the east I know. I'm kind of on the fringe for those. But not only do I have animals, there are snakes too. They have rattlesnakes, copperheads abundant, and cotton mouths down at the lake. So I'm almost more likely to have to pop a snake as I am anything. I have a holster, and I carry the pistol unconcealed with a highway patrol type gunbelt. The trigger is well covered, and it's strapped down. The trigger cover is real important being I have no manual safety. I don't want a tree branch catching it. Course, this is on my own property. I can't carry like that if I leave.

MK

Reply to
nm5k

Assuming witless has it well hidden in his paints, by the time he gets it out the shooting will be over.

Reply to
dbu

I'm not knee-jerking, I'm only facing reality. My state has the permit to carry law. They also passed a law that says business owners can post signs saying your guns are not allowed here. I have not yet seen a business that doesn't have the sign. This includes Malls and churches, everything. They don't want people like witless running around with a gun in his paints. No witless, I'm not against it, they are. Face a tiny bit of reality.

Reply to
dbu

I insulted your intelligence, your gun hobby which is your passion and now you are trying it insult me. It won't work witless. You are out of touch with reality.

Reply to
dbu

Sounds like your state is populated by sheep, and really dumb ones at that. This company

owns most of the malls around here. Their rules state that nobody can be in their malls with a concealed weapon unless they have a permit to carry the weapon legally. That's how it's supposed to be done.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Again, astounding. You have yet to succeed getting the better of me in any exchange. Your concept of reality is obviously quite flawed. I have completely and utterly destroyed any hope you have had in debate. Forensics is obviously not your forte.

I've done nothing of the kind. Saying your pants are soiled, metaphorically or otherwise is not an insult. It's merely pointing out reality.

Funny stuff, dbu. Reality on your home planet of Kolar is of a different sort, I guess.

Reply to
witfal

You mean there's another? ;-) My favorite is my Les Baer TRS.

P220 Sig? The only non-1911 I've ever considered. Excellent gun. I've got seven HSs in the mag, one in the pipe, and seven more in a spare mag on the nightstand.

Reply to
witfal

Obviously true in one case.

Don't confuse him with reading material. That second-grader next door isn't always available to translate for him, or help with the three syllable words.

Reply to
witfal

In rec.guns, there've been numerous uproars about malls that don't allow guns. I got curious and decided to attempt something enormous, at great risk to life and limb: Read the posted rules at the mall. I mentioned my findings in rec.guns, where there was a flame war going on about gun-free malls.

You could've heard a pin drop.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The uninformed opinions of others are the part of reality we hope to change. If business are restricting carry in your area it isn't because of anything even resembling a factual analysis of the situation. As I said earlier, all the facts are on the side of the studies proving the presence of armed citizens lowers the incidence of crime. Signs restricting carry are knee-jerking because they fly in the face of facts.

Just because a lot of people do something doesn't mean it is a smart thing to do---look at how many people smoke crack.

Signs restricting permitted carry are essentially invitations into a target-rich environment. As I asked earlier, don't you ever wonder why nutcases choose malls and schools over gun shops and police stations (and biker bars) to go on their rampages?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Yep, a P220 with Meprolight night sights.

I like 1911's, but the utter reliability of the SIG with any sort of ammo makes it my first choice (although I do have a fondness for the Glock 20 in 10mm with a 15 round magazine).

You can't argue with that old saying: "When the S*** hits the fan, put a SIG in my hand!"

Reply to
Sean Elkins

dbu probably thinks a "no guns here" sign would've stopped this robbery:

JoeSpareBedroom