Re: {{ OT }} I can see 6 fires from my house -- UPDATE

Somebody is facing serious Pollution Charges.

> > I can't see any fires anymore, not because the fires are not there but > because I can hardly see across the street. It's only 4:00pm, and the sun > has already set into the billowing smoke. The two local school districts > have cancelled classes today and tomorrow, not because there is danger from > fire, but because there is danger from smoke. > > The smoke from the fires is spewwing more pollutants into the air than all > of the cars and trucks in Los Angeless, combined, will spew in an entire > year. All of them. Now that the wind has died down, the smoke hangs over my > little valley, burning my eyes and lungs, and giving me a headache. (I'm not > complaining, I'm only pointing out that the air is so bad. Heck, my hnouse > is standing, I can take a couple of days of bad air.)

You guys need a good rain. I hope they catch the MF that started the fires.

Good luck

Reply to
dbu.

Are any people wearing masks - even just the little disposable kind? Doesn't sound like something one would want to breathe in 24/7.

Then, there are the animals... (both domestic & wild)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Just saw this aspect (masks) addressed on CNN.

Yeah, I know... but their throats & lungs, as a result... Plus, I was thinking re: the fires/flames themselves. Hopefully, instict tells them to evacuate - in the correct direction.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

In message news:baKdnb9wae4jpbzaRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com, Cathy F. sprach forth the following:

Yes, most dogs are smarter than Ray Nagin.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

They don't help. Trust me. The air sucks. It stinks. And I'm tired of sneezing and headaches.

Reply to
witfal