Re: {OT} Markets are indicating no confidence in stimulus plan

I can't believe you're saying Conscience is not a serious investor.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And once again, THE MARKET DOES NOT MATTER to anyone buying individual stocks. This was true in 1987 when the market crashed, and it's true now. It will always be true. Unless you're buying a fund that's modeled after the DOW or other index, it doesn't matter.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If that was true, there would be no stocks going up. Since there are no stocks going up, you are incorrect.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What the difference between a buying spree and investors cherry picking some good ideas at good prices?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes you did, two days ago. But I understand why you don't believe you said it. You don't understand that your choices of words have the meanings they do.

I'm not about to go find your previous messages, but you said something like "If they trusted the stimulus package, they'd be buying stocks, but THEY'RE NOT. Why aren't they?"

99.999999% of people who read those words would take them to be all-inclusive, meaning "nobody is buying stocks". Based on what you're saying TODAY, that's not what you meant to say. You need to read your messages at least twice before sending them.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Those are very pretty, but they don't help with your belief that nobody's buying.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Look only at the text written by me, above, in this message. You said I was digging myself in deeper. Which of my words above make you think that I'm digging myself in deeper?

To help you, I'll list the 3 statements I made above, since they're all kind of mashed together and might be hard for you to see.

1) I only own mutual funds.

2) I told you this yesterday.

3) Somethings was wrong with you and you missed #2.

4) I don't need to own stocks to prove you wrong.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Is your name Strickland today?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It appears you're too busy to explain why you think it's bullshit. Hopefully, you'll find time later.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You know full well that you responded to a typo error.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

How much volume is needed to prove that the purchases we're seeing are significant?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Then it's also impossible to say with any certainty that the purchases we're seeing are INSIGNIFICANT.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I understand exactly what you said. It's exactly the reason I left the business. I could easily appreciate the complexity of the issues surrounding investing. Out of 75 clients, only two could understand it. That's not a good business model for a broker who's not comfortable with lying.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What are you so angry about today?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Cabela is a penny stock?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Even if the indices do not include the stocks which are going up? (They're not penny stocks, by the way, so don't try that claim again.)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The market going up doesn't grow the economy either.

I can't wait to see the responses to that comment.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes. That's your problem. You could scream at your parents about that. It's their fault.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Perhaps, but if the market is going up or down will certainly indicate what buyers are expecting to happen in the future. Currently they obviously seem to think it is not going to go UP under BO. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

JSB, you might find this interesting:

Lucius Accius