Re: {OT} Me, I'll take a recession, thank you

Had 'em before. Made it through them. Not fun, but not a problem. >

>Obama's 'Stimulus Package' isn't. It's nothing but another way for >Congress to ram through big-ticket spending they wouldn't be able to if >there weren't a 'crisis'. > >Recessions last a year, two at most. This one might be tough, might go >three. > >How many years to pay off the Democrat's bloated spending bill?

Less time than to pay off the trillions spent on an unjust war and to get us into the financial mess we're already in.

>I'll take the recession, thanks.

Quit your job and give it to someone who needs it then, K? Bet you won't.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

UNjust war? Unjust only in the minds of those who support terrorism and 3rd world tyrants. That would be many LIEbrawls and/or other naive fools.

Reply to
Sharx35

War cost $6 billion.

Two weeks of Obama and Congress stimulus $1 trillion and rising. Add a billion of it leaving the U.S. by crooked CEO's, like the GM CEO's sending a billion of it to Brazil for their operations there.

Nice the Dem's are looking out for the U.S. worker and jobs here.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

I have an idea for a stimulus package that will do more for America than Obama's and be a lot cheaper. Every American needs to take part though. At

6PM central time on the 28th of Feb we are all going to flush a $1 bill down the toilet. Both cheaper and more productive than what Obama came up with.
Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

A recession is never _that_ bad for those of us who manage to keep our jobs, and even during the Great Depression, most people kept their jobs. Have you ever been seriously unemployed, other than during a state-sponsored vacation?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Not according to the multipliers for the kinds of spending and tax cuts it features, except those for upper income people, which are <

  1. Didn't you read that list of multipliers I posted? Do you have any proof that you'll likely be correct?
Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Tell that to people for whom it is a large problem.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Why do you cite moral authority when you've admitted that you have no morals and just hate women and want to murder people, Mr. Fregeau?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Which is why you could say, "Not fun, but not a problem." But not everyone, by a long shot, is in that position.

But I'm not listening to you; I'll take major economists' words for it instead; they disagree over the amount needed, but agree that it will help. That the net effect will be a positive one. That one thing leads to another, leads to another... multiplying the positive effects.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

$6 billion is what the war costs every 3-4 weeks. Where did you get your misinformation?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Removing money from the economy at this time is the opposite of what needs to be done, and what needs to be done is increase spending like crazy, even wasteful spending.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

A recession is when the neighbor is out of work, a depression is when you are out of work, and home.

Reply to
ransley

Right, that'll put the same number of people back to work as anything the republicans have come up with in the last 8 years.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I think the war cost is more like $600 billion over the 5 years (2003-2008).

Still, it's miniscule to a "trillion dollar" wall street bailout and stimulus package in just a few weeks by congress. I'd be curious how many congressman become a bit wealthier as a result of this bill as it appears ripe for corruption.

Mack

Reply to
M. MacDonald

92% employment is actually pretty bad, and I'm talking about the economy stalling so badly that it can't be restarted without spending

-- and wasting -- a lot, lot more than the Obama economic program costs. You've got to stop thinking of this problem as just a contest between two equally moral, equally right sports teams and get serious.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Glen Beck is a radical nut who's ignorant and not very bright, a low- rent, minor league version of Rush Limbaugh (who's not exactly Mr. High Class, thanks to the hillbilly heroin and really obvious gayness of that gay basher).

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

They're also not counting people who've been out of work so long that their unemployment benefits have run out. How convenient, eh?

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Didn't claim otherwise. It's always been a sore point with me. BOTH sides claim victolly or defeet with fake unemployment numbers.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

You said that the current recession is not a problem.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

War isn't at a trillion.

Democrats are already there in 2-3 weeks. At the rate they are currently spending a trillion a month, it's be the biggest fleecing of America ever.

Just wait until they ramp up Afghanistan, or Mexico.

Oh, speaking of Mexico, seems more people die there over the drug war than in Iraq in 2008. In 2009 in death numbers in Mexico will surpass Iraq again.

Now that the Democrats have their immigrant voting base, places like Phoenix are number two in kiddnapings for ransom next to Mexico City.
Yep. Democrats are really doing the country good.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg