Re: {OT:} Oil prices drop drastically after Congress plans to investigate speculators

If just the threat of congressional hearings on oil futures

> speculating causes the price of a barrel on oil to drop below $129, > imagine the price of oil when we close another "Enron loophole". > Below $90 a barrel soon? Almost worth a bet, price/date. > > Ed S.

And I thought the oil barrel prices started dropping right after President Bush rescinded the Executive Order banning offshore drilling. When did Congress threaten to spend taxpayer money needlessly again?

BY the way, I recall a few weeks ago you progressives screaming for him to repeal that order so he can make his Dad look bad. Well, he's gone ahead and done it now. What else do you want, more congressional hearings?

All this talk about speculators driving prices is funny to me. Speculators are betting on the price going higher so they are buying future contracts. Who are they buying from and is that seller losing money now that the price is much higher than what they sold it for three months ago? Speculators aren't buying for higher prices just to spend more money, they genuinely believe based upon research they are getting a good deal today. If supply is high and demand is low the speculators will be losing a lot of money.

Reply to
badgolferman