Re: OT - Presidential succession

"Hell, republicans didn't vote for McCain"

************************************************ I think, had John McCain stayed "John McCain", he might have had a chance. But first Palin and then the bitter tone of his campaign, turned off many (non-racist) Republicans.

That plus the fact they believed he could never give the thinking Republican voter what they wanted: An end to the economic hole we've been in.

The fact is McCain was not prepared for this type of election, in which the voters showed they were tired of the old rehtoric and instead chose to vote for the person who explained, most clearly, how the present troubles would be addressed.

McCain only offered old failed policies and "Me too." Hardly inspiring.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger