Re: ot Re: Students req'd to sign confidentiality agreement not to tell parents...

Where have you been? "Random testing in exchange for specific benefit,"

> such as obtaining a pilots license, driving a truck or employment, was > ruled Constitutional many years ago. I think testing should be done for > those licensed to drive a car, as well. Perhaps even to post in a NGs > ;)

Yes, and I don't have a problem with a private company testing their employees or mandatory testing of those who could seriously endanger the public (i.e. truck drivers and pilots). I have a problem with manadtory random drug testing on the PTA mom's son, or the Chess club nerd. Honestly, I don't give a shit if their doing drugs. If they die as a cause of that then that sucks, but it is not worth impending freedoms. This is where the nanny state starts surging forward.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

How about if at the PTA meeting a dad stabs the dad of a kid that beat up his kid, or if the nerd shoots the kid that won the chess match? In any event you need to bitch to the Courts, not the folks in this NG.

What you should be concerned about is when the hell did we ever allow the "citizen legislators" of our founders like Congressmen and Senators, pass a law that lets them get a big pension for serving their county or haw did the average working man go from being in the 15% tax bracket to the 28% tax bracket over the past twenty years. Who it it he has become subject to the AMT intended for the so called rich? ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt