Re: {OT} Some unreported stats about the 2008 election

> Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul, > Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2008 > Presidential election: > > -Number of States won by: Democrats: 20; Republicans: 30 > > -Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000; Republicans: > 2,427,000 > > -Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million; Republicans: > 143 million > > -Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: > 13.2; Republicans: 2.1 > > Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory > Republican won was > mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens. Democrat territory > mostly > encompassed those citizens living in rented or government-owned > tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..." > Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the > "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of > democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already > having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

And why is it these statistics were not reported? All together now -- MEDIA BIAS!!!

I's like to see the same group of statistics for the 2000 election.

Reply to
badgolferman

Try 53%, 46%.

but the marriage

Read my sentence again: "Anything to buoy your spirits over the landslide electoral college vote results." What were the tallies for the electoral college votes? (365, 173)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You, too... read my sentence again. Electoral College results.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Or else he's near retirement and doesn't care what others think of him anymore.

Reply to
badgolferman

Media bias??

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reminds me of a certain Sarah Palin statement; one which she then had to explain away.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Please expand.

Reply to
badgolferman

Indeed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Remember, BGM has a -huge- problem w/NYC & NYS - & since NYC is an urban area, well... among other things they aren't patriotic (oops - isn't that the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in the harbor??), don't help anyone else (must be he forgot all about 9-11, Katrina, the tsunami...), & most are on the dole, doncha know.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

So, you have nothing, you old pussy.