Re: {OT} The Dims are the real cause of the depression

Ha Ha Ha, that's a good one. Got any more, boy genius???

Any improvement in the economy will be despite the president and his "team", which make the '61 Phillies look like world champs.

And after the president and his team pull our asses out of the economic fire

Reply to
bogusmailmark

Google is your friend, Charles. I don't think the Cubs apply here... I have yet to see any "doing good" in this administration.

Reply to
bogusmailmark

I think that's a tactic only you would come up with as viable political protest.

as if it is his choice.....

Reply to
Truckdude

Cubs? My first home was 3-4 blocks away from Wrigley Field. We were great Cubs fans. I still am, although watching them actually win a series would probably kill me.

The difference is now, although a fan my entire life, I'm now more realistic. And you should be as well.

Your team (Republicans) are losers, losers, losers. They've followed their own policies, and yes, con- vinced many others of the correctness of their actions and receiving their votes as well (it's not all one sided) but, in the end, failing.

Now it's someone elses turn and all I hear from most pubs is negativity followed by negativity, etc.

Now I am most assuredly not a financial expert, and neither are 99.99% of the folks in this group (although some have a little experience), and the chances of anyone here being able to draft an economic package are zero. And yet the pubs will react negativly about anything Obama says.

Now the wealthy may have an issue to discuss because their taxs are going back where they were before the shoe cut them down. No cowardly back-down to the rich lobbyists and their campaign money from Obama here.

And if I were a poor teacher and heard Obama say words to the effect: "If a poor teacher, after being notified, is unable to boost their performance, then there is no reason for this person to continue teaching.", I would have concerns. No cowardly back-down to unions from Obama here.

And anyone trying to convince me giving money to the rich is the better route I say: "Get in line with your complaint, there are more deserving."

But you may be a limburger follower and kept perpetually on edge by his appeal to the lowest common denominator (?) and unable to think for yourself. Which is why they jumped Steele; they want to keep the hate flowing and attract/ retain all the vermin possible.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

First I don't know anyone who's given Rahm Emanuel a "buy." Perhaps you can direct me (really) to some posts of articles where this is displayed.

Pond scum? For not paying taxs? Hell, people brag on TV how they got out of paying taxs. I'm NOT excusing this, but remember, I said they were politicians. I just do NOT see the connection between taxs and torture or refusing to give sworn testimony to Congress, very weak.

But politicians? Expect the worst and don't be surprised when they exceed the worst. But remember who was against this stupid "war" from the start; Obama is his own man, even though many in his party are, obviously, not.

But we still need to get out of the mess we're in now and I think Obama has come up with a plan that can succeed. At least it's not "Give it all away" as we've done the last 8 years; I'm sure there are x-Republicans who can explain the details to you.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

One GOOD thing we can say about BO is at least he got his Cabinet appointees to pay THEIR taxes. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

First stop frothing, it doesn't look good on you.

Second, you've not shown anything except conjecture about Rahm Emanuel's history: "He's a crook, blago is a crook......" Do you have any idea how immature this makes you sound???

"As for the past 8 years, most of it has gone reasonably well in my book -- mortgage lending being a notable exception. Maybe you can find a Democrat to explain what the House Banking and Senate Finance commttees do, and who ran them for the past ten or so years. I'll give you a hint, those committees were run by Democrats." "I'm not pretending that Bush is blameless, but I am saying that the Dems were in it up to their ears. Before you point your crooked little fingers, you should make sure they are pointed the right way."

And while the pubs had a lock on congress and the presidency how, exactly (not: He was a crook!!) did the dems get ON these commit- tees, let alone control them???? Your statement is false so please discontinue the lies unless you have some proof.

And as far as "unqualified" what made your boss rush so smart? Was it the drugs??? Maybe you feel he would be a better head of state???? I wouldn't be surprised to hear you say so.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Thanks for your input, Scott. More unparalleled political analysis, just when we need it.

Thanks again.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

I agree. They're all politicians to the bone.

My only question is: When does Obama find time to sleep. Between health care, the economy, and education he's doing more than any president I've had the honor to vote for; he refuses to turn his back on the things we all know are true.

Did you ever hear a comment from bush & co whenever a study would show how poorly the U.S. is doing in education and health care when compared to the rest of the world???

Stonewalling is what you saw from previous administrations. Transparency is what you see from Obama, not "sweep it under the carpet."

But some, who'd like to remain sheep or be treated like little children, would rather go along with politicos making all the rules, behind closed doors, for them.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

.

Not all of them. While I don't agree with all of McCain's ideas, I have a great deal of respect for what he tried to do for our country. I believe that Obama is a better man for the job, but McCain would still have been a much better President than Bush.

And the Democrats did what? They didn't secure the airports prior to

9/11. (Not that they are really that much secure now - they seem secure, but it is easy to sneak stuff in there.) Remember, Clinton was in office for about for 8 years, a time in which he could have improved security.

In addition, the Democrats didn't do much to improve regulation of securities markets, pay attention to the red flags for Madoff's dealings, or investigate why so many people were getting ARMs which they wouldn't be able to pay in a few years. They also didn't do much to improve health care or the financing of health care. The US spends

30% of its health care dollar on administration, compared to like 5% for Canada. And we still have record numbers of people without health insurance, and the cost of health care is rising faster than inflation. It is a major financial issue for companies. And, I still don't know why my employer should have to pay for my health care.

I am not saying that Republicans are great (they totally ignored the evidence from science and did more than their fair share to wreck the economy), but there are many good Republicans just as there are many good Democrats.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff