Re: (OT:) Tim Russert's replacement announced!

And it's Tom Brokaw!

> >Excellent! He's about as neutral as Nancy Pelosi...

Since when did neutrality count on opinion shows? Tom Brokaw was their safe choice. I think it's more a decision based upon protecting the "Meet the Press" name than upholding any journalistic standards at this time. He is a familiar name and face so the image is what counts at this time. Brokaw is only a temporary stop-gap until they find someone more permanent.

Reply to
badgolferman

Neutral would be boring and stupid. You'd love that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Russert was neutral, and that was anything but boring and stupid.

Reply to
hachiroku

What you really want is someone who has potentially interesting and challenging guests, but asks them what kind of peanut butter they like and then ends the interview.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Now, as obviously Left-Leaning as he is, I like Brokaw. He was great on the Evening News. But his political slants are obvious when reporting on political events.

Shoot, when Clinton was President he had his nose so far up Clinton's but that if Clinton had had to stop short it would have taken two wreckers to pull them apart.

Reply to
hachiroku

Larry King.

Reply to
badgolferman

He'll be ok.

I can think of a couple who would destroy the program, one would be father chris mattews from the hardballs show, the other would be kieth otherman from ..... I forget the name of his smoke-n- mirror extravaganza he hosts.

Reply to
dbu

You should watch hardballs then, right up your alley, balanced tipped to the left more than slightly.

Reply to
dbu

Like someone who throws soft balls and cotton candy at obama. Darts and stones at McCain, typically msnbc spoiled garbage.,

Reply to
dbu

I think you're on to something, shoot clinton, er, bill type...could be the next meet the press host. Fair and balanced...

Reply to
dbu

What I really want is another Russert who spent the week preparing for the show, and God help the unprepared guest.

I have to admit, though, I gained a *LOT* of respect for Howard Dean after seeing him on MTP when he was running for President. Russert was certainly *NOT* throwing him any soft pitches, and Dean was unflappable. In the end it was Russert who was showing signs of coming unglued.

But that was about the only time I saw Tim falter.

Reply to
Hachiroku +O+A+m+/

That will probably be Brokaw. Let's see what happens.

He has some pretty big shoes to fill, and as formidable as he may be, I don't think he's up to the task.

We shall see...

Reply to
Hachiroku +O+A+m+/

Sorry and no disrespect for Tim, but he had gotten a bit too edgy for me. Otherwise He was a fine reporter and was fair.

Reply to
dbu