Re: OT Welcome Home Troops!

The last troops from the surge are returning home....winners.

> >Job well done! > >Welcome Home!

Hear Hear!

Reply to
badgolferman

WINNERS? Fuck you, s*****ad. Those that were killed weren't. Those that were injured and return to VA hospitals in disrepair aren't. Those who have PTSD will be diagnosed with something lesser so the government won't need to pay for their health care so they're not winners and the rest didn't do f*ck all to find osama bin ladin or do anything in the REAL war on terror so no, they're not winners either.

Should we respect them for doing what they were ordered to do? Sure. But call them winners? No, neocon dupe, not at all. Oh, and they sure as hell weren't DEFENDING our country.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I got it, burnmore is a rat-fink pinko commie.

Reply to
dbu

You might find this interesting:

The dupes here won't read it because of where it was published. If the Washington Times published it, they be nominating the reporter for sainthood.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I see Gary Burn-More-In-Hell is back spewing his liberal garbage again. And he claims to work in the data processing industry. Most of the DP people I know are so conservative they make Barry Goldwater look like Barry Obama.

Yes, he's a Communist sympathizer. Probably worked for the Russkies at some point. Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
CharlesTheCurmudgeon

badgolferman

Considering the English were communicating in English before anyone on this continent was... quite a lot, I suspect.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I guess it depends on whether you are calling people to you or calling their attention to the announcement.

Reply to
badgolferman

Please provide evidence that the author of the article uses drugs, and that you do not use drugs.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The myth of the surge is that it was actually a surge the way neocon Frederick Kagen theorized (Kagen also theorized that the war would be over quickly), while in reality it was a conventional escalation. Casualty levels are now back to what they were around 2004-2005, meaning there's still no meaningful peace.

That remains to be seen because the escalation coincided with a major change in US tactics (counter insurgency) and that flaky cleric and kook, Muqtada "Not As Good As His Father" al Sadr, telling his Mahdi Army militia to stop fighting and start cooperating with the government (al Sadr controls the largest faction in the legislature).

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Poor neocon dupe. You know you're losing. How does it feel?

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Few realize the Iraqi enemy isn't nearly as determined as were the communists of the Korean and Vietnamize wars, and it isn't unified nor has any brilliant leaders. So don't give the surge too much credit.

Reply to
rantonrave

That factor can't be underestimated, as Al Sadr is no Ho Chi Minh or even a Fidel Castro.

Reply to
rantonrave