Re: OT - Who's to blame?

> Bambi's pretty slow in reponse to this one. > > Where's the Katrina-inspired outrage? >

Maybe you and I can agree on something today. Would you agree that today, February 2, 2009, is Monday?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Depends on where you are. In some places, it's tomorrow.

(ducks and runs>

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

OK. Let's focus the question on the continental U.S., specifically Kentucky and Washington D.C. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, all them would be screaming bloody murder had GWB been president.

So where is obama, does anyone know??

Reply to
dbu'

Read the article. Everything you need to know about your error is in the first 4 paragraphs.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Finally, a Dim Governor that knows the state must request federal government help. ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Did you forget the Dims won the election? Every one in Washington DC is too busy trying to figure more ways to spend our tax money. ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Your comment about "slow in response" is absurd because you read the article too fast. Read the first four paragraphs again and you will see that your whining was misplaced. If you do not understand why your whining was misplaced, you have reading comprehension problems. There is no debate about this. The words in the first four paragraphs cannot be interpreted more than one way, and that interpretation places the blame on the law, not on the president, and (probably) not on the governor of Kentucky.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Give Punter a cigar. He finally got one correct.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Maybe there is no outrage becasue most people in Kentucky still have their homes and vehicles and are just waiting for the power company to turn the lights back on?

I live through some bad ice storms in my life (longest without power was over two weeks and we had a total electric home). I never thought we needed the National Guard. My Mother worked for the power company at the time and pretty much lived at the office for 2 weeks till the power was restored to all the Customers.

I can't see the Coast Guard using helicopters to pull people out of their homes just becasue they don't have any electricity. Clearly this is not he same as having your house under water and all the roads impassible. The pictures I see aren't all that bad. Most people could jsut leave if they needed to go.

On the flip side, GWB was unfairly hammered over the NO debacle. The Govenor of La and Mayor of NO didn't get near the blame they deserved.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

The article says the governor did not ask for MORE aid until today. The article said "he will ask", meaning that as of the publication time of the article, he had not yet done whatever he needed to do.

The article described no complaints from the governor about the response time of the feds. If you disagree, copy & paste the text from the article which proves your point.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You're doing a fabulous impersonation of a slug that's been dropped into a pile of salt.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I am sorry your family is having a problem, but damn, does the Federal Government have to handle everything?

- Hurricane Fran made a mess of my SO's home - we handled the debris. Never saw the NG. Local town hauled off the debris as long as you piled it on the street.

- Torando wiped out half my sub-division. Never saw the NG or Feds. I guess only a few hundred people being homelss doesn't count.

- Hurricane Isabel destroyed my barn, ripped the roof off my Dad's barn and my Grandmother's house, took the shingles off my Dad's house, ripped up my fences, scared the crap out of my cows, dropped trees all over my fields, etc, etc. Never saw the NG or any Federal help. We possibly could have been partially reimbursed for clearing trees out of the field, but I foolishly did it myself, and the Feds only compensated you if you hired somebody. Feds provided no help for the two uninsured barns or the fences. The woods behind my farm is still full of dead trees. I ahd to handle my own debris (and I am still handling it.....)

- Ice Storm when I was 15 left us without power for over 2 weeks. Never saw the NG or any Federal Help. We toughed it out while waiting for the local power company to get the power back on.

- Snow storm ~1999. It left the SO without power for 10 days. Never saw the NG or any offer of Federal help. I had to dig my way out of my apartment complex. It took a week for the city to clear the streets enough for traffic to move at all.

Next time a disaster hits me or my family, I think I'll just start whinning and hope the Feds save me.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White