Re: Philip died....

Philip, who used to post here. died on May 8th.

> > I received an email from his sister giving the reasons: > > "my brother died on May 8th. Pulmonary Fibrosis, Systemic > Scleroderma" > > He made a difference and will be missed. > > His last signature.... > > -Philip > > Speaking for myself ... I am unanimous.

That's too bad. My condolences.

Reply to
badgolferman

This is true. I had almost forgotten him.

If you emial his wife back, pass on condolences, please...

Reply to
$)Chachiroku +O+A+m+/

Why don't you join him!?!?! :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We definitely did not agree on things, but he could argue a good point and he was a man you could respect.

Reply to
Truckdude

I'm very sorry to hear that news Scott. He was the first one that replied to my post several years ago and I enjoyed his banter.

dj

Reply to
dbu

You're despicable. Do you really think this is the right time to say that?

Reply to
badgolferman

Absolutely. It's Sot we're dealing with here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's just sad, and I'm sorry.

I know he'd been in poor health for many years, chiefly with a congenital condition (I forget the name) that caused his body to attempt to reject its own nervous tissue.

What's a bit surprising is that his father made it to his 90s, but Philip was, what, 75?

He once sent me license plate frames from Toyota of Orange, one of which graces our Tercel to this day. A decent guy, if really crusty.

Scott, Philip's sister and wife may not know of me, by my handle or my real name, but please extend my condolences if you have a chance.

Reply to
Tegger

Actually, it's Philip we're dealing with here. The threadcrap was unnecessary.

Reply to
kaboom

Reply to
Dave L

My condolences to Philip's family. I remember reading his opinions and things were lively with him around. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

I disagree. I'm not going to pretend I liked him, but I wouldn't make light of anyone's passing. You owe him and his family an apology.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I don't know who Philip was, but to inject that comment into a thread concerning his death is inconsiderate & disrespectful, both to him/his memory and to his friends & acquaintances who mourn his passing. I've seen mean-spirited comments thrown into condolence threads on a couple of other ngs after a poster has died, & no one appreciated it; simply not the right place for sniping at someone else.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Now you see why I have a problem with that cad. This is bad enough but he also threatens people's lives on this group. He is a first-class low-life. Do you think he has a bit of decency within him to apologize to Scott or Philip's memory for that thoughtless comment? Just don't hold your breath.

Reply to
badgolferman

Philip died.... Group: alt.autos.toyota Date: Wed, May 14, 2008, 7:03am From: snipped-for-privacy@outa.here (Scott=A0in=A0Florida) Philip, who used to post here. died on May 8th. I received an email from his sister giving the reasons: "my brother died on May 8th. =A0 Pulmonary Fibrosis, Systemic Scleroderma" He made a difference and will be missed. His last signature.... =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0-Philip Speaking for myself ... I am unanimous.

Reply to
Charles Pisano

I'll miss Philip and his e-mails as well. My condolences to his family.

Reply to
Ray O

LOL! I somehow ran across a Google Group page from my early days here, where I had said something that Phil strongly disagreed with. It went something along the lines of the thread about taking a new car for a 3,000 miles trip, with that there jim beam fellow.

We bumped heads, but Phil was a good guy. Like you guys said, you never had to guess with him. And respect for sure.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I wasn't making light of anyone's passing. I suggested that Sot would do well to follow suit. Sot is of no use to anyone.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We're talking about Sot, not Philip. Sot is of absolutely no value to anyone.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

SCOTT is a thousand times more useful than YOU could ever dream of being.

Reply to
Sharx35