Re: Seat belt sign is on even though I'm wearing the seat belt

I have 2000 Toyota Corolla. I noticed this morning that the seat belt sign

> flashes even though I'm wearing the seat belt. If I tug at the belt it > goes away. Comes back on once I leave the belt. > > Does anyone know what the reason could be and how much this may end up > costing me? My oil change is not due until one more month and I want to > save a trip to the dealer if this is not urgent. > > Thanks.

There is a switch/sensor in the part of the seat belt where you clip the belt in that closes when you connect the belt. Sounds like it's on it's way out.

Since this is a Toyota we're talking about, it sounds more like a loose screw or retainer.

Reply to
Hachiroku