Steering Wheel Pulls to Right

Hello

The steering wheel pulls to the right on my car.

If I hold the steering wheel centered the car will drive straight.

If I let go of the steering wheel at high or low speeds the steering wheel turns a bit to the right, and stays there, this is it's natural position.

I've had the car aligned and then the alignment rechecked and the problem still exists.

I guess its time to check the front suspension? Control arms? Bushings? Brake caliper?

Any ideas?

The car is a 1990 Lexus ES 250, basically a Toyota Camry

Reply to
Tube Audio

I see that happen on lots of cars on our local roads. They make the roads with a crown in the middle so water drains to the side. This driving 'on the side of a hill' has the effect to make most cars want to pull to the right slightly.

Just a thought for you.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Hello
Reply to
Mike Romain

There is a phenomenon known as "radial pull". Switch your front tires around and see if the pull shifts to the other side. At least then you will know your car is fine.

Reply to
badgolferman

Now we have to explore the possibility of a 300 lb person in the passenger seat and a 120 lb driver. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Try getting a European car, they tend to pull more to the left.

Reply to
Mark A

It's my understanding that they only work 3 days a week and have to spend at least 5 weeks a year in a shop on the Mediterranean.

Reply to
Retired VIP

Really? They have not made the Lexus 430 for several years (current is the

460). I am not sure that I would trust the Detroit News as an objective source of information.

Looking at the Hummer website, the 2009 H3 (3.7 Liter V6 engine) gets 14 mpg city / 18mpg hwy. A 2009 Lexus LS460 (4.6 liter V8 engine) gets 16 mpg city / 24 mpg hwy.

I wonder what the 0-60 mph time is for H3 beast, which weighs 6000 lbs, versus 4244 lbs for the Lexus.

Reply to
Mark A