Re: The US must Increase TaxPayer Subsidies to Toyota, a company that works!

You just quoted yourself, but changed the text in the quotation marks! Sure, the spirit of what you said is the same, but your initial typo-laced turn of phrase was anything but clear. I think maybe what he did not understand was your poor conveyance of your point.

What part of, "But in the US Toyota is still number two, by nearly a >million vehicles," did you not understand? ;) > > >>> Perhaps in your world, but in the US. In the real world toyota is still >> number two, by nearly a million vehicles LOL > >I hate to tell you this, but the US is only part of the world. World >wide, Toyota sold more vehicles than GM or anyone else. >
Reply to
Luke

And what is your point? The thrust of the thread is subsides, not sales. As I said Toyota is still number two in the worlds biggest market by nearly a million vehicles, where it earns most of its profits.

Being number one around the world, selling low profit small and midget cars by a few thousand vehicles, has not helped Toyota turn a profit. Toyota, as well had a loss for 2008, even with the annual subsidy they have been receiving from the Japanese government since WWII.

Reply to
Mike Hunter