Re: Thoughts on Compressors...

>> I saw the Sears compressor and tool kit on sale for $279.99 today. I >> didn't >> look at the specs, but the compressor head looks like it is a lot smaller >> than the one on my compressor. My compressor is rated (by Sears) at 12 >> SCFM >> @ 40 PSI, 10 SCFM @ 90 PSI on 220V power. Although my angle die grinder >> works fine, the compressor does tend to run quite a bit when I'm using >> it. >> I have a sand blaster and paint gun but have not used them in a long >> time. >> Most of the time, I use the compressor to dust stuff off, fill tires, and >> run the air ratchet and impact. If you want to use a DA or grinder, I >> recommend one with at least the same capacity as mine, or even a bigger >> tank >> (mine is 30 gal.). > > > Bruce AND Ray: > > Yeah, I've been looking around. I was hoping to get out cheap ( it looks like I have to go up a little. These is a Craftsman at about > $300 that has a 33 gallon tank and is rated @ 8.6@40 and 6.4@90. > > If I shop wisely for tools like Bruce said, I should be able to pull this > off OK...

I purchased a Ingersoll-Rand angle die grinder and a Harbor Freight brand rotary cutoff tool at Harbor Freight. I'm much happier with the quality of the Ingersoll Rand tool. I bought a cheap cutoff tool because I don't use it very often, but even so, I which I had purchased a little better quality.

Reply to
Ray O

A friend of mine pointed me to Harbor Freight, but with a little patience, you can usually find a better quality item for a few $$ more. (HEY! Sounds like a good title for a CHEESEY Spaghetti Western!!!) ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Or a Jackie Chan movie!

Reply to