Rear light indicator

I have a 2000 Toyota Solara. For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting an indicator light for my rear lights. It only comes on after I've been driving for a while, and most of the time even after a couple of hours it never comes on. But it's been on at least two or three times a week for the past few weeks.

Thing is I've checked all the lights in the back and every single one seems to be working fine. Any ideas as to what might be causing the indicator?

Reply to
cphite

Check your license plate bulbs.

Reply to
Ray O

Also, check your trunk light.

Reply to
Sharx35

Check your central, high mount brake light??

Reply to
Sharx35