Removing headliner in RAV4

I want to install a rooftop antenna on my 98 RAV4 and need to remove the headliner. Has anybody removed their headliner and have any suggestions or ideas on making it easier?

John

Easiest way to remove the headliner: use a sharp knife, cut the material, and pull sharply.

If you want to just snake a feed wire or cable up there, remove the domelight housing assembly for access above the headliner.

Reply to
Ray O

You should stay away from removing the whole thing if you can, and rather just remove things like the dome light or A&B pillar covers to feed the wire through. Headliners are extremely fragile and it's difficult to remove them from a car without wrecking them.

Reply to
Qslim