Repairing exhaust/muffler

I am going to replace my Toyota and do not want to spend money on expensive spares and their replacement. I need to keep the car running for a few weeks or even months until I change it. The joint where the exhaust pipe meets the box (muffler?) has broken and it came off. It looks like a neck sticking out of the box has been left inside a clamp that joins them. Is it possible to re-join them, especially to get rid of the noise that it produces?.

Reply to
peternoon

Toyota OEM exhausts use flanges to join exhaust pieces instead of clamps. If your exhaust has clamps, the part is aftermarket so it is hard to answer your question.

Auto parts stores sell exhaust bandages-tape and exhaust repair compound that looks like putty. Those kinds of repairs generally do not last very long, but they should last a few weeks or months.

Reply to
Ray O