Replace Tecel Door Handle

How easy is it to replace a door handle on a Tercel? If easy, how is it done? I know very little about cars. Please advise. Thank you.

Reply to
Sean Don

There are two nuts that hold the handle in. You have to remove the door panel to get to one of them. How adventerous do you feel?

They are 10MM bolts, and require a little patience, because yo have to go at one at an angle. Then there are the rods for the door latch and the lock. It's all pretty straingtforward, until you drop one of the nuts inside the door. Actually, it's easier than I'm describing, I'm just prepping you for the aggravation!

Remove the nuts, unclip the clips (you'll see them...) and remove the handle. Install the new one, attach the rods and clip the clips. Replace the door panel. You'll see all the screws...

Good luck!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Inside or outside handle? If your car is older than 98 or so you should be able to find a Haynes or Chilton "how-to-fix-your-car" type guide, which usually show how to dissemble everything, where screws are, etc. Good luck, Andy

Reply to
andynewhouse